Lockheed Martin submarine-launched UAV - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

Skunk works..what can I say. Image
Lockheed Martin submarine-launched UAV
ImageImage
[youtube]YQtPAaY5d1c[/youtube]

This was shelved and is back again, looks good but we shall see how it goes. This will be the third time it was commissioned.
DARPA wrote:The Cormorant Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) program will examine the feasibility of a UAV that may be deployed from the sea without
carrier support. The program will explore concepts that launch from both the sea surface and submarines. Technical challenges include aircraft structural integrity and water tightness at submarine launch depths and on the surface, aircraft dynamics at the air/sea interface, engine technology to survive periodic immersion in salt water, and advanced composite materials development to withstand sea-surface operations. The Cormorant UAV is envisioned to provide close air support for vessels such as the Littoral Combat ship (LCS) and SSGN. Pending the outcome of demonstration results, transition of the Cormorant UAV to the Navy is planned after the completion of Phase III in FY 2012.
(U) Program Plans:
− Initiate field tests; Demonstrate vehicle behaviors in the air/sea interface.
− Explore novel composite materials.
− Perform concept design studies.
− Perform engine quick start demonstration.
By Rilzik
Looks scary, too bad that video is complete bollocks.
By U184
Well of course it was a concept video. Though given Lockheed Martin's track record I would say it was just a little bollocks.
Anyway it is past the design phase and is going into proof testing before production, so it obviously works. Again due to their past performance I would wager that video was about 85% accurate.

I am not the one who never shows his credentials […]

As a Latino, I am always very careful about crossi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Interesting: https://jackrasmus.com/2024/04/23/uk[…]

Here are some of the the latest reports of student[…]