Creating the ULTIMATE infantry weapon - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By fastspawn
Mr Bill wrote:
We're not talking about some lame M16A1 here. The 103 can easily sustain that kind of fire, as can any modern battlerifle for that matter.

I don't know what sort of alloy they use for the barrel of the 103. Usually the lighter the barrel the greater the warping. Unless of course the 103 is made of a special alloy.
By Truth-a-naut
fastspawn wrote:I don't know what sort of alloy they use for the barrel of the 103. Usually the lighter the barrel the greater the warping. Unless of course the 103 is made of a special alloy.

Adamantium.

:p
By MB.
Triggerhappy Nun wrote:IT should have 3 modes of fire, single shot, burst, and continuous fire...

Not nescacary, Burst is only used to reduce jamming in assault rifles. There's absolutely no need for it if the gun doesn't jam on fully automatic.

It should be able to take magazine, drum, or box (since a magazine simply doesn't hold enough ammo for continuous fire)

Any rifle that can handle Magazine can handle drums.

It shoulld be able to have an attachable bi-pod/tri-pod, lasar desginator, and scope (for long-range sniping).

Scope= bad. 'Sniping'= not nescacary for the average infantryman. Bi-pod isn't really nescacary and is just added weight.

Also, it should have a folding stock. It should be air-cooled (for continuous fire), and be able to have an attached silencer.

All rifles are aircooled. Silencers require special ammunition and are quite terrible in actaul combat situations.... I'd say more useless then optics.

A grenade launcher should also be able to be attachable. And it should be compact too.

Well... you're talking about something that can't really exsist with all the specifications you've given. However, clearly, the D103 is the closest thing to that right now.
By MB.
fastspawn wrote:I don't know what sort of alloy they use for the barrel of the 103. Usually the lighter the barrel the greater the warping. Unless of course the 103 is made of a special alloy.

Actaully, I don't know what the barrel is made of. :hmm:
By STA
The HK G11 has caseless ammo, which dramatically reduces the weight of magazines, which carry 45 bullets each, and has 2 spare spots for other magazines, it has a fully automatic mode, where it fires at the controlled rate of 600 rpm, and has a semi-automatic mode, and a burst mode which first 3 bullets at 2000 rpm, which means it can fire the 3 round burst in 1/10th of a second. It also has a removable scope. Its maximum effective range is about 600m.

By Boondock Saint
The barrel of a rifle is steel ...

I thought everyone knew that. Mass produced in huge numbers, what did you think would be used?

Adamantium?
By STA
Isn;t the m16 barrel made out of aluminium?
By fastspawn
i think it was made up of aluminium alloy, not exactly aluminium *edit just checked up the material was called 4140 chrome/moly, the military specification calls for a colt product* . That was done so the weight would be reduced to around 3kg.

Later because the soldiers loved putting it on fullauto, they A2 changed the firing mode to semi and 3rd burst. Fullauto does nothing, unless you got 15 people running in a 30 degree arc towards you with machetes.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
All guns should be outlawed.

Eddie Izzard wrote:And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it? You'd have to be really dodgy on the heart to have that… (imitates gunfire noises) I think they should just try that, you know.
By Attila The Nun
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:All guns should be outlawed.

Guns should be restricted to make sure the person using them isn't homicidal/suicidal, but why should we deny perfectly good, safe people trhe right to wn firearms?
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
Triggerhappy Nun wrote:Guns should be restricted to make sure the person using them isn't homicidal/suicidal, but why should we deny perfectly good, safe people trhe right to wn firearms?

Why do they need firearms?
By Boondock Saint
All guns should be outlawed

Nonsense. Hippy nonsense.
By STA
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:
Triggerhappy Nun wrote:Guns should be restricted to make sure the person using them isn't homicidal/suicidal, but why should we deny perfectly good, safe people trhe right to wn firearms?

They don't need them.

But you don't "need" that computer you are using right now, do you?
By MB.
*yawn*

Stop killing this thread U235.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
Ice_Demon wrote:
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:

They don't need them.

But you don't "need" that computer you are using right now, do you?

My computer doesn't kill me, duh.
By Attila The Nun
Mr Bill wrote:Not nescacary, Burst is only used to reduce jamming in assault rifles. There's absolutely no need for it if the gun doesn't jam on fully automatic.

What about ammo conservation? And accuracy?

Scope= bad. 'Sniping'= not nescacary for the average infantryman. Bi-pod isn't really nescacary and is just added weight.

Sniping can be used in combat situations, it's not just the average joe that counts as infantry. And bi-pods are necassary for automatic fire, for better accuracy.

All rifles are aircooled.

There have been water-cooled guns in the past.
By Boondock Saint
And bi-pods are necassary for automatic fire, for better accuracy.

Yea for a machine gunner ... but not everyone is going to be a machine gunner.

What about ammo conservation? And accuracy?

Bill's 103 creates its own ammo and is more accurate then any sniper rifle in existance.

Sniping can be used in combat situations, it's not just the average joe that counts as infantry.

Of course sniping can be used in combat situations ... thats why snipers exist. The point about the scope though is that the avg. Joe doesnt need one since really he will most likely be part of the suppression fire gang ...

There have been water-cooled guns in the past.

Yes and you can piss on a mortar tube to cool it down ... :D
By MB.
Rifles are not watercooled. It would be riddiculous to have a water cooled rifle...

Anyway, as for ammo and accuracy, Boon, I hate you ;)

As we said though, the BGES makes the 103 quite accurate on fully auto, and we have a drum round so running out of ammo shouldn't be a concern.

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]