US military numbers - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Maxim Litvinov
Does it really matter what they are called? Counties? Prefectures? Regions? In the end, a whole bunch of nations have Federal systems - or a federation of "states".

If they have to use a word that is directly related to the English 'state', then you should include Germany on your list straightaway.
By Yeddi
Maxim Litvinov wrote:If they have to use a word that is directly related to the English 'state', then you should include Germany on your list straightaway.

Because it's a Federation?
By Maxim Litvinov
Because (correct me if I'm wrong), Germany is made up of 'stadt's - directly equivalent to the English 'state'. And, yes, it is a federation.

In fact, when East Germany 'dissolved', all that really happened was that six East German states announced they were joining West Germany.
By Deluxe 007
Milorg wrote:the only place as far as i know where they use states as a definition of parts of a nationstate is the US and Australia. Most other countries have counties or some derivation thereof.

Mexico and Brazil are divided in states, too.
By clownboy
Hereward The Wake wrote:What I dont understand is why Britain has to tag along too.

Because chances are good that colonial Britain CREATED the country having the problem in the first place. :lol:

Yesterday, 25 April, on the day of Italy’s liberat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whatever he is as leader of Azerbaijan, he is righ[…]

A lot of Russians vacationing in Mexico. I have[…]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMCdypUXU[…]