A question about guns, thanks. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Demosthenes
Is that a muzzle loader? kinda looks like it, if so, that would be the tool you use to pack the wadding, powder, and ammo, and such.
By Watermoon
-Mauser K98
By Soma
My mother is currently plotting to bring down all shops that sell pellet guns. They look like real guns and shoot little pellets around 40 metres I think?

Anyway, she attacked and threatened a guy in one such shop over the weekend (I was there, and totally mortified) and now she's plotting a plan to have them criminalised apparently.

On topic:
I have no idea what that thingy is.
By Demosthenes
The German WWII rifle? Hmmm...not sure then...

Maybe it's just a barrel cleaner? Meh...I'm not so good with older weapons. We need Boon, or MB.
By Zagadka
It isn't a string, and a "gunpoint" isn't really a noun in English (I forgive you)...

Probably just use to clean the barrel.

My mother is currently plotting to bring down all shops that sell pellet guns. They look like real guns and shoot little pellets around 40 metres I think?

And they can't break skin... my sister got shot in the face with one of those and it barely drew blood.
By Watermoon
it is ramrod,lol,thanks for forgiving. :p
By Demosthenes
ah...how could I foget that Mr. Pacifist knows a lil about weapons!! :lol:

IIRC, those older WWII era guns had a lot of issues with junk building-up inside the barrels. I thought it looked like a cleaner.
By Rancid
It's a WWII gun, no way in hell anyone used a muzzle loader back then.

I'd say it's a guide rod to attach a bayonet.
By Demosthenes
Rancid wrote:It's a WWII gun, no way in hell anyone used a muzzle loader back then.

I'd say it's a guide rod to attach a bayonet.

Yes, I realize that, that's not what I'm saying...but the bayonette makes sense
By Dave
I own a Mauser K98. It's a cleaning rod. The bayonet lug is the metal part farther back.
By Demosthenes
Thank you, Dave. The only bayonette mount I ever saw was on a Norinco SKS, and those things are funny looking.
By Dave
Does the Norinco variant have that goofy bayonet pivot?
By Huck
yes, Norinco rifles have all of the standard equipment, including that krappy swivel bayonette mount. In english, that thing is definitely a cleaning rod. All Mauser-type bolt action rifles of that period have them. Any SKS rifle with original hardware does, also.

Who sells the most arms in the world? The Unite[…]

Indeed, historically conspiracy theories of Jew[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whats up with this strange idea that ukrainians ar[…]

@late the issue is evolution. It never stops. We[…]