Who knows this plane? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By supri q
I am not sure really.
My guess would be the 'Dassault M.D.450 Ouragan' a first generation french jet.
However that wouldn't account for the nose. Perhaps the jet on your picture has been modified or it is another model.

But considering the chinese context I'd go for the Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 as China bought numerous aircraft from the Soviet Union.
By Watermoon
Oh, the chinese information just said who post the picture, there is no any information about
that plane. Image
What is this? Thank you.
By supri q
"SHENYANG J-2

The Shenyang J-2 (Fagot) is a Chinese single-seater fighter and ground-attack warplane based on the Soviet Mig-15 that first entered service around 1957. The Shenyang J-2 is powered by a Limming (LM) Wopen-5 turbojet providing a top speed of 1076 kmh and a range of 1330 km depending upon load. Armaments consist of one 37 mm Type 37-1 cannon and two 23 mm Type 23-1 cannons mounted in the nose and up to 500 kg of disposable stores carried on two under-wing hard points, typically 250 kg or 100 kg bombs or multiple launchers for 55 mm unguided rockets."

I am still researching the nose though. When I find something, you'll be the first to know. I do not belive that this roundish yellow thing are actually the 'two 23 mm Type 23-1 cannons'.
By Watermoon
I found one. Shenyang J-5. what do you think? The yellow part looks the same.
By Watermoon
I found another type, J-5 night style , notice the number 2424, I think J-5 is right.
By Oxymoron
MIG -15C Code Name: Clown.

Missions: Bar Mitzvahs and Sweet sixteens.
By Watermoon
hey,Oxymoron,dont make fun with that "cute yellow cannon" plane. It is said it beated B-17G in 29th.May.1959.
By War Angel
That is the same plane, watermoon. A Chinese knock-off of the Russian MiG-17, called Shenyang J-5. I assume that yellow bump is some sort of radar, but I couldn't find anything beyond that.

hey,Oxymoron,dont make fun with that "cute yellow cannon" plane. It is said it beated B-17G in 29th.May.1959.

Hmm, a jet fighter against a WWII-era propeller bomber... wanna pit Mike Tyson against a toddler, next? :lol:
By Dr House
watermoon wrote:Image
What is the name of it? Thanks.

Looks almost identical to the MiG-15. Migs don't have a nose-mounted radar though.

I do not belive that this roundish yellow thing are actually the 'two 23 mm Type 23-1 cannons'.

You're right. That's a radar mount. The cannons are the holes on the lower left side of the nose.
Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Yes. It's an adaptation to socially-constructed c[…]

Corruption ain't domination, and history ain't th[…]

No, I am not talking to a person who gives decent[…]

In 1900, Europe had THREE TIMES the population of […]