Soviets started WWII? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By MB.
the article wrote:Alot of people in the "West" believe that the Soviet Union had a part in starting the WWII, which is ridiculers!

:|
By Potemkin
The Soviet Union was desperate to avoid a war for which it was not ready. The Molotov-Rippentrop Pact is evidence of this. It was Stalin's last option to prevent a Nazi attack.
By Goldberk
It was Stalin's last option to prevent a Nazi attack.

True, but Stalin was also interested in strengthening his influence in eastern europe, the pact was a route to this.
By Potemkin
True, but Stalin was also interested in strengthening his influence in eastern europe, the pact was a route to this.

Indeed. I am merely pointing out, however, that Stalin did not contribute to starting WWII, since a war was the very thing he was desperate to avoid, or at least to delay for as long as he could.
By peter_co
MB, I'm quite confused about the OP. Is it supposed to be an allusion to Russia's legislation against "falsification of history" or what?
By W01f
Every European power contributed to the circumstances that lead to Poland's invasion in '39, including Poland itself. But without these circumstances, others would have arose and lead to bloody war regardless. To take any amount of blame off of Germany and place it onto any other country is asinine. Hitler was the genocidal maniac with the world's most powerful military standing behind him, not anyone else.

Without the Molotov-Rippentrop Pact Hitler probably would have invaded the Soviet Union much earlier, and if that were the case his chances of success were very good. That would have left the rest of Europe infinitely more helpless than they were with the more prepared Soviet Union of '41 absorbing the majority of Hitler's resources.
By MB.
To be honest, I don't know what this thread is about.

:hmm:
By secator553
And alot of people in the "East" believe that Britain and France have encouraged Hitler to attack the USSR, and even gave him Czechoslovakia, but they miscalculated.
In Russia, pov of the Munich Pact is the same as pov of the Molotov-Ribentropp pact in the west

https://i.ibb.co/VDfthZC/IMG-0141&#[…]

I don't care who I have to fight. White people wh[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]