The Nisei in America - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Fasces
It is commonly said that the Nisei were wrongly accused of potentially treasonous activities, and that there has never been evidence of any wrongdoing by the Nisei people - not one incident. I always felt this was, at best, dishonest, and at worst, propaganda. This sentiment was confirmed for me when I learned about the Niihau Incident in which the entire Nisei population of Niihau actively aided in the escape of a captured Japanese fighter pilot.

Are there any other notable cases of Nisei treachery in the United States?
By Smilin' Dave
at best, dishonest, and at worst, propaganda

the Niihau Incident in which the entire Nisei population of Niihau actively aided in the escape of a captured Japanese fighter pilot.

Four people were involved, including the Japanese pilot. I don't know, maybe all three collaborators were the entire Japanese population on the island. I does seem somewhat misleading though to not specify numbers in such a small incident (instead talking about 'whole populations'), especially when it is thought to help explain the internment of hundreds of thousands.

In the US itself, as opposed to Hawaii, it seems local economic/land issues were just as salient as supposed threat of fifth columns:
http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/01/el ... -viii.html
By Fasces
I didn't know how many were involved, Dave. I just had heard about it on the television, and was wondering if any other similar incidents occurred - rather than accepting the argument that the Americans were just bastards, without any justification for the internment whatsoever.

Well, it turns out Palestinian propagandists just […]

It is not legitimate for protesters to harass stud[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]