Japanese surfacr Raiders. Indian ocean. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Sorry about not having a better link, old one gone.

The Ondina Story

http://www.ww2f.com/naval-warfare-pacif ... isers.html

To satisfy the Germans, the staff of the Imperial Japanese Navy decided to send their own raiders to these waters. Although raiderwarfare was not entirely strange to them, they could not build on the vast amount of experience as the Germans did, and as a result, their ships were far less effective.

Here's the best part, Ondina had a 4 inch gun, Bengal a 3 inch. One hit on Japanese torperdoes blew the Japanese ship to matchsticks.

HMIS Bengal; She only had one 3-inch gun (substituting a 4-inch gun which was not available),

The sensible thing to do for the Ondina was to follow the order to escape, but the captain decided to stay, as his ship, armed with a 4-inch gun, was still the most powerful of the two.

The Ondina herself had her answer ready: the third shell fired was a hit in the superstructure of Hokoku Maru, but apparently did little to effect her speed or armament. Content with the hit, the gun captain then ordered the gunners to concentrate their fire on the stern. Only a few moments later, a lucky hit on the starboard torpedomount turned the Hokoku Maru in a ball of red and yellow flames, and as the ship emerged from the smoke, she was listing heavily to starboard, and simultaneously started to settle by the stern. The explosion ripped off the stern and threw her two floatplanes overboard, while massive fires raged in the superstructure.
By cowofzot
This is the last double post of yours I will fix up. Edit your old posts, you have been told to do this in the past. In future content or not, they will be deleted. - SD
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://youtu.be/6RHjH8pVPhA

I wouldn't go as far as to say I trust Biden, but[…]

If a black person is born and brought up in a Eur[…]

@Pants-of-dog the tweets address official statem[…]