Soviet Fighters in the Sky of China (1937-1940) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Many people do not know, many History books simply forgot to mention it, and, as always, many Historians, when asked, simply denied the fact that pretty before Chennault's "Flying Tigers", Soviet fighters were defending the people of China against the agression of the Japanese Imperial Army.

http://www.j-aircraft.com/research/Geor ... _of_ch.htm

In this link the fellows here will be able to follow, some forgotten chapters of the Pacific War and WW2.

In the research page, you will find a lot more about the Soviet Fighters in the Sky of China.

Enjoy.
By uglygoat
hey that's a great link friend. 8) i enjoy the CBI theatre. i even got a few books strictly about it ;) and they talk about russian pilots. most history courses in grade school are survey courses, they don't go into detail of any sort. again it's not untill higher education in the states does one get to go into any great depth. and the CBI theater takes a back seat to the european or pacific in any basic text.

i also like the relationship between stillwell and 'the peanut', and how mao liked to horde weapons he should've been fighting the rising sun with... :p j/k...

many Historians, when asked, simply denied the fact that pretty before Chennault's "Flying Tigers", Soviet fighters were defending the people of China against the agression of the Japanese Imperial Army.

which historians specificaly have said this? i'd be interested to read what they've written, strictly as a counter weight.
Well,

Here in Brazil I did never read about it, some right-wing Journalists/Historians like Olavo de Carvalho like only to show the atrocities commited by the Soviet Red Army.

Maybe I am misinformed but, the only one that I saw/read relating about the great job of those Soviet Pilots was J. S. Spence, a very good writer, wrote many good essays about China and its changes through History.

Anyway,

Thanks for your message!! And greetings from Brazil!

Rodrigo Motta.

He may have gotten a lot more votes than Genocide[…]

Everybody’s ancestry goes back centuries, @Fiveo[…]

Waiting for Starmer

Well, there wasn't much waiting. Starmer is coming[…]