Hitler Himmler and Islam - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
In recent years some very interesting sources have come to light. We know that Hitler had always admired Islam but in several sources I have seen that the relationship was even stronger. Apparently when Hitler was meeting with Hajj Amin al Husseini, the Palestinian mufti, the two entered into conversation about Nazi race theories. The mufti told Hitler that his racial policies are very similar to Judaism and that all of his ideas on race, including his prejudice against Africans could be found in the Old Testament. Hitler was apparently very struck by this claim and stormed off in anger. When he next saw Husseini, the Fuhrer told him that he was right and that the Nazis needed to eventually change some of their racial ideas after the war was over.

In another source I saw that Himmler had plans to travel to the Islamic world to study Islam after the war was over. In his writing Himmler had lauded Islam and had nothing but praise for it.

I wonder, if these two men had lived till old age, is it possible they would have converted to Islam? And furthermore, is it possible they would have turned the Third Reich into a sort of cosmopolitan Arab-Germanic empire?
It's hard to predict those sort of what ifs but I suspect that ultimately it would have been far from particularly cosmopolitan.

My suspicion is also that they'd eventually have tried to make up an Aryan centric Germanic religion that would have been influenced by but quite separate from Islam.
By noir
Political Interest wrote:When he next saw Husseini, the Fuhrer told him that he was right and that the Nazis needed to eventually change some of their racial ideas after the war was over.

See it today.

I wonder, if these two men had lived till old age, is it possible they would have converted to Islam? And furthermore, is it possible they would have turned the Third Reich into a sort of cosmopolitan Arab-Germanic empire?

This
mikema63 wrote:It's hard to predict those sort of what ifs but I suspect that ultimately it would have been far from particularly cosmopolitan.

Much has been made in recent years of the multicultural composition of the German armed forces. They had soldiers from a huge range of nationalities, ethnicities and religions, including many Muslims and Arabs.

mikema63 wrote:My suspicion is also that they'd eventually have tried to make up an Aryan centric Germanic religion that would have been influenced by but quite separate from Islam.

That seems to have been the angle they were learning. Himmler was interested in Indian religions such as Hinduism and Buddhism. Hitler praised Shinto and Buddhism. I suspect that their admiration for these religions was part of a desire to create a revived paganism, but who really knows? It is entirely possible that stairing out into the sunset of Istanbul after having spent all day touring mosques and meeting with Islamic scholars that he might have just converted.

noir wrote:This

The problem is, if they did this they would no longer be bound by their own civilisation. They would have entered Islamic civilisation and would be bound by different rules. The implications of their conversions would be massive. And what if they preferred paganism in the end?
By noir
Political Interest wrote:

The problem is, if they did this they would no longer be bound by their own civilisation. They would have entered Islamic civilisation and would be bound by different rules. The implications of their conversions would be massive. And what if they preferred paganism in the end?

The German elites are leading this path with open eyes. It's very rooted in German realpolitik since the second Reich.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]