Conferences such as Potsdam and Yalta in 1st World War? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The First World War (1914-1918).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BML wrote:While I was writing a paper on the second World War I came to the Potsdam and Yalta conference's. This made me wonder if any conferences of that sort occurred during the First World War.

No ... The "Big Four" - David Lloyd George, Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, Georges Clemenceau and Woodrow Wilson, met at the Paris Peace talks in 1919 after the armistice. The Armistice occurred after the new German chancellor Von Baden appealed to Woodrow Wilson following Wilson's "14 points" speech. The other allies were not pleased. The actual document was mostly written by French General Foch and ignored most of Wilsons ideas. The fighting stopped, but it took another 6 months to agree on the actual peace treaty.

Zam
British Prime Minister Asquith and President Wilson had never met before the Paris Peace Conference in 1919, which was proposed by President Wilson during the war. Unlike Churchill and Roosevelt who coordinated Allied strategies through numerous wartime conferences during the Second World War, wartime leaders during the First World War kept a certain distance from each other. Perhaps it was even more difficult for world leaders to travel great distances in the early 20th century and Wilson died shortly after returning from Paris. However, the inter-Allied conference was held in London in 1916 and the Petrograd Conference was held in 1917 to resolve the matters in the context of the Anglo-Russian war effort in general. Britain agreed to provide Russia with large amounts of supplies of munitions and Russia was paying the price in blood on the battlefield, which was repeated in the Second World War (i.e. Lend-Lease.)
British Prime Minister Lloyd George replaced Asquith in 1916.

Briand, Lloyd George, Boselli and all met in Rome in Jan 1917 and their were numerous low level meetings and co-ordination between military forces agreeing about the timing of offensives.

As for the Americans they were only an associated power rather than an Ally and held themselves apart in many ways. (despite their cooperation on some matters, things like the Allied shipping being pooled)
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Why would you Americans care? For years you got a[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]