Do you support Deng's suppression in 1989? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By corleniet
Tiananmen Square, of course

reason is simple, it must suppress that naive childish youth.

If we didnt suppress,the whole country would in chaos and be destroyed.

It is the only way we can deal with the issue.
By Smilin' Dave
Tiananmen Square, of course

So not the other protests in other cities which took place at the same time?

reason is simple, it must suppress that naive childish youth.

This hardly justifies the level of force used to disperse the protesters in the end.

If we didnt suppress,the whole country would in chaos and be destroyed.

I dispute that the Tiananmen Square protesters represented a deliberate or serious threat to the country (some might have done harm to the Communist state I suppose). Honestly, was the CCP that weak it could be destroyed by a bunch of non-violent protesters? Was the PRC unable to win a battle of ideas with 'naive youth'?

Speaking of a whole country in chaos, how goes China's rural unrest these days?

It is the only way we can deal with the issue.

Amazingly other nations managed to deal with similar protests without the disintegration of the country/state or excessive violence. If this was the only avenue available to the CCP I worry what extreme means would be used in other situations.
By corleniet
So not the other protests in other cities which took place at the same time?
==========
OTZ, you so great...haha

Tiananmen is mean the whole thing. And main suppressiong is in Beijing,if Beijing right,everywhere is.

This hardly justifies the level of force used to disperse the protesters in the end.
=====================
ha, Party cannot use a peaceful way, even shot sb. ,they arestill crowded 。what party do is not to stop the dispersion--and it's impossible--it just for supress, can you see in the topic?see again.

I dispute that the Tiananmen Square protesters represented a deliberate or serious threat to the country (some might have done harm to the Communist state I suppose). Honestly, was the CCP that weak it could be destroyed by a bunch of non-violent protesters? Was the PRC unable to win a battle of ideas with 'naive youth'?
=======================
non-violent? they don't go,they harm to the country, they needn't violent,they are sick and poison of country.

You are naive too.

Amazingly other nations managed to deal with similar protests without the disintegration of the country/state or excessive violence. If this was the only avenue available to the CCP I worry what extreme means would be used in other situations.
===============================
Deng is a barrel-chested great man,and wise man,do you agree?

Amazingly other nations has no similar event,they all smaller than that one,and US in 1970 shot a student in Kent university, Germany kill people in 1950-52,i cannot remmember excatly.
US kill old soldier after WWI

DO you know that?hah

Every government could kill student ,no one allow their politic power be threatened by anyone especially some naive kids
By Smilin' Dave
josephdphillips wrote:I don't tell the Chinese how to run their country. It's theirs, not mine.

It would be poor to ignore a direct question too.

corleniet wrote:OTZ, you so great

Given the language barrier, sarcasm would have to be a pretty stupid tactic.

Tiananmen is mean the whole thing.

Which completely papers over the diverse disputes (even within the square itself), and ignores basic geography. I gave you a chance to clarify and you didn't, so the fault lies with you.

And main suppressiong is in Beijing,if Beijing right,everywhere is.

Wrong again, supression was carried out in other locations, it just wasn't as notable. IIRC Jiang Zemin made a name for himself by pre-emptively breaking up protests in Shanghai, avoiding the trouble experienced by other local party officials.

Party cannot use a peaceful way, even shot sb. ,they arestill crowded 。what party do is not to stop the dispersion--and it's impossible--it just for supress, can you see in the topic?see again.

Non-lethal force was an option, if you really think some force was required to disperse the crowd. The Tiananmen protesters were hardly in a postion to stop well equipped police from clearing them out.

non-violent? they don't go,they harm to the country, they needn't violent,they are sick and poison of country.

In what way did they poison the country?

You are naive too.

You clearly lack all the information required to participate in this debate, and resort of name calling.

Deng is a barrel-chested great man,and wise man,do you agree?

Deng Xiaoping was not barrel chested, in fact he looks fairly skinny in most pictures. So no, I don't agree with your fantasy image.

Amazingly other nations has no similar event,they all smaller than that one

October 21st 1967, Washington experienced anti-war protests with approximately 100,000 in attendance, with a significant portion of that right outside the Pentagon. Through various means these protests were dispersed or allowed to fade away, and without casualties on the same scale as Tiananmen (estimates range from 200 to 3000). If you don't know about the topic at hand, be prepared to be caught out.

Every government could kill student ,no one allow their politic power be threatened by anyone especially some naive kids

Naive children need lessons, not death.

How should we punish the ignorant by the way, if at all?
By corleniet
so you very naive

Do you think every time Gov will kill people.how about wen'an last year in China?hha
By Vigil of Reason
Just because the US had killed protesters (during McCarthyism), placing Beijing under martial law is not justified. Two wrongs do not make a right, and this particular argument is invalid.
hha 哈哈

Why do you find people dying to be so funny?
By Smilin' Dave
dont escape.

You mean like the way you ducked my 1967 example? A protest on similar scale to that in Tiananmen Square, with arguably similar tactics and intent from the protesters, but radically different casualty levels.

Do you ever know that US Gov killed people ago?

Well aware. Was there a crackdown on US media in the aftermath of any of your examples? Why did you include the example from East Germany, which was perpetrated under the aegis of the Soviets? Using another un-free country would seem to undermine your point regarding the US.

Because they are fool and funny.

Are you familiar with the saying about the pot and the kettle?

Since you are a white person in Canada, you are a[…]

You're all a buncha prudes. GET LAID!

By that definition, if you obtained a DNA a census[…]

Let me guess, this is going to be one of THOSE thr[…]