George W. Bush went to war to fight demons! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This happened long ago, but hadn't come to light until now.

"President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their "common faith" (Christianity) and told him: "Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East…. The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled…. This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.""
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/200 ... razy-idea/

Now out of office, Chirac recounts that the American leader appealed to their “common faith” (Christianity) and told him: “Gog and Magog are at work in the Middle East. ... The biblical prophecies are being fulfilled. ... This confrontation is willed by God, who wants to use this conflict to erase his people’s enemies before a New Age begins.”

This bizarre — seemingly deranged — episode happened while the White House was assembling its “coalition of the willing” to unleash the Iraq invasion. Chirac said he was boggled by Bush’s call and “wondered how someone could be so superficial and fanatical in their beliefs.”

After the 2003 call, the puzzled French leader didn’t comply with Bush’s request. Instead, his staff asked Thomas Romer, a theologian at the University of Lausanne, to analyze the weird appeal.

You guys had a fucking lunatic in office, and you are still paying the price.
By Socrates Johnson
"President George W. Bush told French President Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to thwart Gog and Magog, the Bible’s satanic agents of the Apocalypse.

That makes more sense than some of the other reasons Bush gave for going into Iraq.
By starman2003
You guys had a fucking lunatic in office

To put it mildly. :) But guess who put him there? The US electorate. The problem isn't any particular politician but the system, which enables legions of dummies to vote for those they can relate to. :roll:
By Rojik of the Arctic
Did they ever catch Gog and Magog? Were they on the playing cards - Gog as the Jack of Spades and Magog as the Queen of Diamonds? Have they fled to Afghanistan and are even now hiding in caves plotting the downfall of the West? I won't be able to sleep until I know the answers to these questions.
By Nattering Nabob
You guys had a fucking lunatic in office,

Perhaps you should consider using him as your avatar...
By Potemkin
Chirac said he was boggled by Bush’s call and “wondered how someone could be so superficial and fanatical in their beliefs.”

He's an American. No more need be said. :hmm:
By Cartertonian
starman wrote:The problem isn't any particular politician but the system, which enables legions of dummies to vote for those they can relate to.
:lol: :lol:

QFT

:eek:

An insightful summation of the fundamental weakness of democracy.

The great unwashed really don't know what's good for them - only what the 'pop', tabloid media tell them is good for them. :hmm: However, The great Satan really didn't know what was good for him - only what the selective and erroneous, dogmatic interpretation of scripture told him was good for him :knife:
By redcarpet
But guess who put him there? The US electorate

Er......no. The US Supreme Court did, esp. his dad's appointees. Al Gore would have been a better president in both domestic and foreign policy in my view.
By Oxymoron
Gog and Magog is most likely Russia/Caucus not the Middle East. Perhaps you can interput it as Iran, but Iraq? Iraq was never referred to as Gog and Magog in the bible.
By starman2003
OK so maybe the electorate wasn't solely to blame for Shrub II and his misadventure. But it surely says something that the voters chose to keep him in power in 2004 i.e. after his lunatic-religion-motivated Iraq screwup.
By AiNedeSpelCzech
OK so maybe the electorate wasn't solely to blame for Shrub II and his misadventure. But it surely says something that the voters chose to keep him in power in 2004 i.e. after his lunatic-religion-motivated Iraq screwup.

I think it says more about what an ineffectual douchebag Kerry was than anything. Just when the Dems thought that any ol' idiot could beat Bush, they had to pick a bigger idiot than they bargained for.

Not that he wouldn't have been a better president, but his missteps + the fact that some people will always vote 'R' no matter what + the 'stay the course' meme = Bush in '04.

I just hope that Obama doesn't get eaten by Gog and Magog. :(
By starman2003
Who picked the "idiot" ? The voters in democratic primaries. And the voters should've realized that Kerry's missteps were nothing compare to those of shrub in Iraq.
By Zyx
So Iraq is a noble war. Ok.

Nothing more noble than fighting demons, after all.

*returns to DnD*
By AiNedeSpelCzech
“In every generation there is a Chosen One. He alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. He is the Slay... uh... President.”

Who picked the "idiot" ? The voters in democratic primaries. And the voters should've realized that Kerry's missteps were nothing compare to those of shrub in Iraq.

Thus proving the Democrats are remarkable in their ineptitude. :P

And I don't know if Kerry wouldn't have fucked up Iraq even harder than it had already been fucked up. Bush's second term was relatively harmless in comparison to the first, and if Kerry -had- won, there's no doubt in my mind that we'd have McCain or some other neocon in office right this moment.
By ninurta
You guys are just now learning that he was insane? I coulda told you that before his election, and I was like 9 or 10.
By Quantum
Bush was delusional, so one isn't surprised when he acts like this. I'm sure that the voice in his head isn't coming from God and he's suffering from a mental illness, probably as a result of his past lifestyle of substance abuse which triggered his condition.
By Potemkin
Drug psychosis, you mean? Actually, that sounds pretty plausible. :hmm:
By ninurta
Probably, or he inhaled too much methane from the cows and it made his logical half of his brain stop functioning
By starman2003
Honestly, doesn't it say something about the intelligence of the average voter and the viability of the democratic system that a lunatic like that served TWO full terms?

FiveofSwords you are severely misinformed about h[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Today I learned that Ukraine is not allowed to use[…]

This way started because the Israeli government a[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

I'm sure some do, but there isn't a huge swell of[…]