Operation Gladio - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

'Cold war' communist versus capitalist ideological struggle (1946 - 1990) and everything else in the post World War II era (1946 onwards).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Noelnada
Operation Gladio

"Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State" - James Jesus Angleton, Head of CIA Counter Intelligence 1954-1974

Originally aired on BBC2 in 1992, 'Operation Gladio' reveals 'Gladio', the secret state-sponsored terror network operating in Europe.

This BBC series is about a far-right secret army, operated by the CIA and MI6 through NATO, which killed hundreds of innocent Europeans and attempted to blame the deaths on Baader Meinhof, Red Brigades and other left wing groups. Known as 'stay-behinds' these armies were given access to military equipment which was supposed to be used for sabotage after a Soviet invasion. Instead it was used in massacres across mainland Europe as part of a CIA Strategy of Tension. Gladio killing sprees in Belgium and Italy were carried out for the purpose of frightening the national political classes into adopting U.S. policies.

Director Allan Frankovich

Link

I was hesitating between posting this in conspiracy or in history, i'll let you judge by yourself but personally i take it as a fact.

Of course it's an old story but history has a bad habit to repeat itself.
By Dave
I don't know, this seems a little overly competent for the Ivy League gadflies over at Langley to pull off! :lol:
By pikachu
attempted to blame the deaths on Baader Meinhof, Red Brigades and other left wing groups.

I strongly doubt that they had anything to do with the collapse of Baader-Meinhof. Those guys collapsed from being overwhlemed with their own bullshit.

Gladio killing sprees in Belgium and Italy were carried out for the purpose of frightening the national political classes into adopting U.S. policies.

Also very unlikely, because it implies that Gladio was an American-run organization, when it was actually a NATO organization. It wouldn't pit one NATO state against another.

Most interesting for me seems the Gladio operations in Italy, where it seems to have gotten a little out of control or something, and it's supposed support for the semi-legal Propaganda Due.

Given the popularity of the Communist Party in Italy at that time, I guess it makes sense that some of the far right feel very uneasy with the situation.
By noemon
Here is a nice book regarding the matter:
By republicuk
I've heard about this recently, I'm surprised how little is spoken about it, especially Gladio in Italy. Many people think this is the stuff of wild conspiracy theories, I think this should open their minds a little.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Mobilizing for Defeat The Zelensky regime insi[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbl_6RDhkM :D […]