Oh, no! Soviet famines revisited - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
-I don´t want to start any flame war here, but I found the complete works from Mark Tauger on the Soviet famine in 1932. They are a "must have" for those interested in Soviet history, and an outstanding example on how to make proper research. Also included is Tauger review on the last Wheatcroft book.

http://www.eh.net/bookreviews/library/0870.shtml

http://www.as.wvu.edu/history/Faculty/Tauger/soviet.htm
By Gothmog
mm trusting a ukrainien nationalist mmmm no!

-Clarify your point, please, you aren´t arguing that Tauger is a Ukrainian nationalist, are you?
By Lord_Tito
i menat the person who gave the idee that "millions of ucraniens were starving" etc was a ucranien nationalist
By Gothmog
Hi, the famine happened. It costed million of lifes (around 4-6 million). Unlike the Ukranian nationalists claim, THERE WAS a crop failure and the famine also hit Southern Russia and Khazakistan, and there was a generalized lack of food in the country as a whole. What iswrong is the assumption that the famine was planned to crush the Ukrainian nation (Conquest) or to punish the peasants for resistance against collectivization (Werth).I suggest you to read Tauger articles, he is considered a Stalin apologist by Ukrainian nationalists.
By Maxim Litvinov
You bastard, Gothmog :p

I get back from a nice relaxing break to discover something else to bloody read on the 1932-33 famine :(

Give me a week to reply to this thread.
By Gothmog
You bastard, Gothmog

I get back from a nice relaxing break to discover something else to bloody read on the 1932-33 famine

Give me a week to reply to this thread.

-I was wondering why you took so many time to answer my posts.... :D. Sovietologists of the revisionist school like you (took it as a commendation...) simply cannot resist to these articles....

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]