Pavlik Morozov - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Section Leader
Yes, he was right.

He was aware that his father was involved in criminal activities (forging documents for profit, presumably things like firearms licences and identity papers) and instead of keeping the information to himself, he informed the authorities and justice was done.
By Decky
Was Pavlik right to inform on his father to the state?

Yep the family is a bourgeois institution that needs tearing down. Not all dissidents again the soviet Union were harmless poets and people who wanted to read Adam Smith, many were criminal scum that needed crushing.
By Lightman
Yep the family is a bourgeois institution that needs tearing down.
Please tell me that this is parody.
By Section Leader
Smilin' Dave wrote:How does anyone know for sure what Morozov's father is supposed to have done? Link

Seems to me there isn't any hard evidence the father did anything criminal, so Decky and Section Leader's response is dubious. Mind you, it isn't entirely certain Pavlik informed in the first place, the whole thing might have been a fabrication.

I am not unaware of this, but the title of the thread and content of the OP supposes that the disputed events took place as they were reported by the Soviet press.
By Smilin' Dave
Section Leader wrote:I am not unaware of this, but the title of the thread and content of the OP supposes that the disputed events took place as they were reported by the Soviet press.

I don't think the OP is dealing in a morale tale (as this is the History section) or hypothetical scenario (the OP simply takes it for granted the Morozov story is factual).

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

First two sentences: "The ICJ didn't say tha[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]