How Did Hitler Consolidate Power Over the German States - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The Nazis consolidated their power over the states in Germany within a couple months I believe. To me this is an underrated accomplishment.

From reading German history, the states of the Holy Roman Empire were practically sovereign states themselves. And even within the German Empire they maintained considerable responsibility and powers.

How did the Nazis liquidate the power of the German states so quickly and without a fight? A German tradition of strong state powers that had lasted for a thousand years previously.
Daktoria wrote:You know German unification took place after the Franco-Prussian War, right?

I know. But even under the German Empire the various member states retained many powers and privileges. It was only with the rise to power of Hitler were all these powers done away with. Every German state was brought under Nazi control. The whole process occurred very quickly with little actually resistance.

This was the process of Gleichschaltung.

Why would the states give up their powers and privileges so quickly and without a fuss?

This is a lie. You're not that stupid or ignorant[…]

Neither is an option too. Neither have your inte[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls There is no ethnic cleansing going o[…]

They are building a Russian Type nuclear reactor..[…]