Potential For Military Rule In Weimar Era? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Was there ever a chance of a military coup in the Weimar period? Perhaps some nationalist officers would have seen how useless the parliamentary system was and also seen the threat of paramilitary groups of communists and far right groups as a threat to the country. Also it is important to take into account the shocking state of the economy. In such a situation why was there not some sort of military coup to bring the country in line?

If it did happen, what sort of foreign policy would they have pursued?
Probably about as close as Weimar Germany came to a military coup was the Kapp Putsch:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapp_Putsch

But that was really more about paramilitary groups with sympathy from elements of the armed forces. The impression I get is that the military high command were reluctant to get involved in domestic politics to that extent, and they may have even seen themselves as having a vested interest in maintaining the status quo instead of assisting radicals of the far-right.
German army was rendered toothless after post war arrangements, I don't think it had enough power for a coup and then maintaining a military rule. Then there was always the risk of foreign intervention if German military tried to be more adventurist and they did realized that.
Hard to say but probably yes. The anti antisemitism or lebensraum were not original ideas of Nazis, they were ingrained in Germany for quite some time.

PI, I will recommend you "Origins of WW2" by AJP Taylor, you should definitely get this book, it will answer many of your such questions.

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]