Important Highlight's of the Munich Soviet Regime - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Important Highlight's of the Munich Soviet Regime

We all know the story. Kurt Eisner (Kamonowsky) and his comrades overthrew the Bavarian Monarchy on November 9 1918 and replaced it with a 'Republic'. Of course the word republic should read dictatorship but you already knew that. The historian John Toland describes Eisner as “a small elderly Jew wearing a black floppy hat which, large as it was, couldn't contain a shock of wild hair. Especially untidy, he was a living cartoon of the bomb-throwing Red." Soon after, as Eisner was appointed the first Premier of Bavaria, the hilarity ensued:

Eisner’s appointed Foreign Minister was a certified lunatic. His first acts were to declare war on the Pope, and Switzerland. The reason for the declaration of war on Switzerland was that he had requested 60 locomotives from the Swiss immediately and without question! The Swiss refused. He also cabled Lenin to find out if he knew where the keys to the bathroom were located.

Ernst Toller, another lovely creature caught up with Eisner, a self-described poet, declared the Bavarian Soviet a ‘dictatorship of love”. You know poets, never saying what they really mean. For example, they mudered several members of the Thule society. Interestingly enough , when the Nazis came to power Toller was arrested and shipped off to the Gestapo for some TLC. He later recalled the experience like this: "It was terrible and inhuman. The guards forced me to swallow almost a complete volume of one of my latest books".

Sadly, it was too good to last and came to an end rather quickly. Like many revolutions that come in with a bang and out with a fart this one was no exception. While the Freikorps encircled the city, Eisner's ministers were passing important, history making legislation such as declaring from now on living rooms MUST be built above bedrooms. Fascinating.

In the end and not without irony, Kurt Eisner was assassinated by Count Arco-Valley who was angry to have been rejected by the Thule society (Arco-Valley was Jewish).
By The Immortal Goon
Was there a point to this unresearched, unsourced and biased rant outside of insulting everyone's intellegence?

-TIG :rockon:
By Attila The Nun
TIG, certainly you don't support the Munich government? It lasted how long until Freikorps retaliation?
By Rabid_NS
Was there a point to this unresearched, unsourced and biased rant outside of insulting everyone's intellegence?

:lol:

I didn't have time to copy/paste 'legitimate' research from the International Communist League. But you are welcome to refute everything I said. Good Luck.

Last edited by Rabid_NS on 21 Aug 2006 16:10, edited 2 times in total.
By kami321
The Immortal Goon

QFT

Rabid_NS
Go shoot yourself.
By The Immortal Goon
intellegence

Everyone has one of those words that they can't type correctly for some reason. Unfortunatly mine is fortified with irony. :(

TIG, certainly you don't support the Munich government? It lasted how long until Freikorps retaliation?

It didn't last long, but that's no reason to condemn it. I certainly support their aims, and I certainly don't support the Freikorps.

you are welcome to refute everything I said. Good Luck.

Of course the word republic should read dictatorship but you already knew that.

Source?

a small elderly Jew wearing a black floppy hat

No reason to add that except as an attempt to point out that there were Jews present.

he was a living cartoon of the bomb-throwing Red

He was not a cartoon.

hilarity ensued

Who thought it was funny?

Eisner’s appointed Foreign Minister was a certified lunatic.

Who certified him as such? Source?

He also cabled Lenin to find out if he knew where the keys to the bathroom were located.

Source?

I could go on with every line in that thing, it's probably the worst written thing on PoFo today, however, so I'm not going to bother.

-TIG :rockon:
By Attila The Nun
It didn't last long, but that's no reason to condemn it. I certainly support their aims, and I certainly don't support the Freikorps.

It's a reason to laugh at them. They were a joke, "coffeehouse anarchists" they were called.

Biden is right in demanding an evacuation plan for[…]

Commercial media can be called "television&q[…]

^ European cops seem to be much harsher in dealing[…]

Scotland gives special priveleges to its citizens[…]