Jews were Fascists, too. - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Ixa
The closeness of Jews in Italy to Fascism, until in July 1938 Mussolini "embarked on a program of anti-Semitism" is recorded in The Jews of Italy (February 1939) by Anti-Defamation League of B'nai B'rith, No. XXIV, page 7: "As far as Jewish youth is concerned, Zionism has made hardly an appeal, and they have been, by and large, entirely swallowed up in the world of Fascist ideals". Page 8: "With the friendship and understanding cooperation of premier Mussolini, it looked like Italian Jewry was about to experience a tremendous revival." Page 9: "An indication of how secure the Jewish community felt was the fact that a Rabbi appeared in a synagogue pulpit in full Fascist uniform for the first time in Italian history on July 13th [1938] when Rabbi Feldman of Poland was formally installed as chief Rabbi of Florence." Page 12: "When, in 1925, an attempt was made on Mussolini's life, the Jewish Fascists held a Thanksgiving Service for his escape." Page 13: "There was a time when certain Jewish circles inclined to the belief that no inherent conflict existed between the essential principles of Judaism and Fascism." Page 14: "From all ... quotations made, year after year, it is clear that Mussolini is definitely on record as an enemy of anti-Semitism and racism. But just as we know those statements to be true, so too, do we know that Mussolini since July 1938, has changed his mind and has today embarked on a program of anti-Semitism." Page 18: "Many of Mussolini's closest associates were Jews. ... Professor Giorgio Del Vecchio was one of the founders of the Fascist party. ... Unless he has recently been outsted, a Jew, Giacomo Cepilli, is the leader of the Fascist forces in Trieste. ... Two Jews, Simon Daus and Gini Bolaffi, are among the 37 Fascist heroes buried in the Italian Panthenon at Florence, a Fascist shrine reserved for those killed defending Fascism. ... Another Jew, Augusto Turati, was the first General Secretary of the Fascist Party." ... Page 20: "Gino Avia was the scientific expert for the drafting of the new constitution of the country, based on Fascist principles." End of quotes re Jewish Facism.
http://www.codoh.com/zionweb/zisocultpol/zionp6.html
By Truthseeker
As far as Jewish youth is concerned, Zionism has made hardly an appeal, and they have been, by and large, entirely swallowed up in the world of Fascist ideals

So Jews can become ultra-nationalists in their home countries.

Zionism isn't behind it. :)
By Ixa
Zionism isn't behind it.
No one said otherwise.
By Gletkin
Yes, Jews were originally accepted into the Italian Fascist Party. But then Mussolini turned on them. Also, all post-war Italian neo-Fascist groups supported the latter anti-Semitic version of Italian Fascism.
By Nivia
So Jews can become ultra-nationalists in their home countries.

Zionism isn't behind it.

Errr.....what home???Do you know that before ww2 the world call Israel Palestine?? dont care if the jews want to take some land in Palastine but the thing is they want to take the land from Baitulmaqdis until Baghdad.
By Zagadka
... so? Is this exciting news to you?

Fascism has nothing to do with being Jewish or not... you're just taking every tiny fragment and trying to assassinate the very divers population of Jews, ethnic and religious.
By Ixa
... so? Is this exciting news to you?
It isn't news. It is history.

Fascism has nothing to do with being Jewish or not...
No one said otherwise.
By Zagadka
... should I make a thread about how Eskimos were fascist, too? By bringing it up, you intentionally create an environment to criticize your select group (in this case, Jews, but it could be those unwashed illegal laborers).

Are you going to bring up every nationality/country/religion/whatever that has some history of fascism now? Or are you going to leave it at Jews?
By Ixa
... should I make a thread about how Eskimos were fascist, too?
Yes, if it is true. That would be very interesting.

By bringing it up, you intentionally create an environment to criticize your select group
There has been no intention of criticising anyone in this thread.

Are you going to bring up every nationality/country/religion/whatever that has some history of fascism now?
I guess you have to be historically inquisitive to care about these things. Which you are not.
By Truthseeker
Nivia wrote:
Errr.....what home?Do you know that before ww2 the world call Israel Palestine??

Ummmmm country of residence, of birth? Most Jews did not live in Palestine.
By Foxwood
There has been no intention of criticising anyone in this thread.

Who are you kidding Ixa ? And you know people from any country, any religion and from any ethnic group can be a fascist, a communist or capitalist or anything !

Btw I love your way of answering to peoples answers by just saying: "No" or "I only read to this point"(quoting the first word of the guy's thread). Cheap answers for a cheap poster.
By Einherjar
Fascism is usually associated with Anti-semitism, so this thread is of significance.
By Ombrageux
Fascism is usually associated with Anti-semitism, so this thread is of significance.

The fascist father Mussolini wasn't particularly anti-semitic or racist... no more than any other European at the time.
By Einherjar
The fascist father Mussolini wasn't particularly anti-semitic or racist... no more than any other European at the time.

True but fascism is still associated with anti-semitism and racism.
By Ixa
Who are you kidding Ixa ?
Why would I criticise Jews for supporting fascism, when I am not even opposed to fascism?
By kami321
Why would I criticise Jews for supporting fascism, when I am not even opposed to fascism?

Depending on your personal interpretation, this thread can only serve one of two pruposes:
-promoting anti-semitism
-promoting fascism

You choose.
By Ixa
this thread can only serve one of two pruposes:
-promoting anti-semitism
-promoting fascism
So anyone who is conscious of the significance of this historical fact is either a fascist or an anti-semite? :roll:
By kami321
So anyone who is conscious of the significance of this historical fact is either a fascist or an anti-semite

No, but anyone who singles out facts like this and makes threads about it, probably is.
To prove that you are not an anti-semite, you should, as Zag said, make a thread about fascist Eskimos and fascist Canadians.
To prove that you are not a fascist, you should make a thread about liberal Eskimos and communist Canadians.
:lol:
But still, the best option is just not to make threads about fascist Jews in the first place.

:violin: That violin made me laugh. Here is t[…]

I question whether it provides an economic net […]

If people think Israel was acting in good faith b[…]

That's not how that works. Not every single perso[…]