Ukraine Marks 73rd Anniversary of Famine - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By alyster
The story is a fraud.

He should have said it in the begining of his master piece, so it would have saved many people of the waste of time of reading that fraud.

In 1932, the Soviet Union was in crisis. The cities had suffered food shortages since 1928. Grain was desperately needed for export and foreign capital, both to fuel the first Five-Year Plan and to counter the growing war threat from Germany.

Germany was a really big threat in 1932. Gen. Hindenburg in front of the Weimar Republic with his 100'000 soldiers were really big threat to the freedom of the world. Oh yes I'm forggetting Hitler. He was the chancellor. OMG! Really powerful man, when he was controlled by Hindenburg and his gang. What, Hitler wanted to take over the world? Yes Ernst Röhm's SA was just amazing army!

This slant pervades émigré research on the famine. Soviet sources are rejected out of hand, while Nazi sources (or known liars like Walker and Dittloff) are accepted unconditionally. In the Göbbels tradition, the nationalists' brief always serves their anti-Communism --no matter how many facts twist slowly in the process.

Yes soviet sources from mid 1930s. They are good...for humor books. For exaple prosecutor brough out evidence in mid 1930s that Trotsky had worked with gestapo in 1932 in a plot against Stalin. (gestapo was created in April 26 1933).
Then the comedy went on when the prosecutor brought out evidence that in first 5 years of 1930s there had been not more or less than 10'380 terror attacks against the railroads in Soviet Union. That makes over 5 attacks per day. Damn! It must of been hard to move around :lol: :lol:
Then on the other had we have nazis. Göebbles with his propaganda is a real joke :p but the archives were captured after WW2 by both sides. Western allies discovered that large part of the nazi loses/wins mached the ally win/loses places and times. Ofcourse there were minor differences cause you may never been sure if the plane or tank was destroied or just hurt if you have no time to look it burn and go down.

In 1981, the Ukrainian Research Institute approached Conquest with a major project: a book on the 1932-33 famine. The pot was sweetened by an $80,000 subside from the Ukrainian National Association, a New Jersey-based group with a venerable, hard-right tradition; the UNA's newspaper, Swoboda, was banned by Canada during World War II for its pro-German sympathies.

They say that GWBush senior's father was part of a company that financed Hitler at one point. Really the 2 presidents we have there are such nazi lovers!

I absolutely reject it," said Lynne Viola of SUNY- Binghamton, the first US historian to examine Moscow's Central State Archive on collectivization. "Why in god's name would this paranoid government consciously produce a famine when they were terrified of war [with Germany]?"

Terrified of a war with Germany in 1932! This so called scholar has alot of blanks in her education. Hindenburg was really close to conquering Moscow in 1932
Ok lets go on with her line of thinking. I absolutly reject it. Why in god's name would this paranoid goverment give an order of no step backwards, only fordward in ww2 and has NKVD to kill everyone who reatreats when it had huge loses and really hard time.?
I tell you why - Because the country was not led by a geniuses(people like Trotsky) or not even smart men(people like Lenin) but by one moron. Even Lenin said that what ever you do, don't let Stalin take the control in the state. World War 2 wouldn't have been needed at all if it wasn't for Stalin. Stalin alone is responsible for loss in the Battle of Warsaw in 1920, where he ignored commander's order to cover the left flank and had the left side of the army march towards the city also after which polish crushed the red army from the left flank. What a mastermind! :D

Now I'm not blameing Stalin for this, cause he couldn't have known what he caused, but soviet industrilaisation (against so called german threat :p ) was accually building up Hitler. Why? - What gave Hitler the chance to take the power in Germany in 1933? The big depression which started in 1929. What caused the depression? Over production, weak european economy(yanks loved to point that one out :p ) and bad times for the farmers cause the grain prices were very low and they were in the red with such prices. Now why were the prices low? Cause there had been overproduction on the world market. Who increased their grain sells on the world market? The Soviet Union. So altough no one knew it(and I don't blame them for that) Stalin by selling huge ammounts of grain helped to put Hitler in office. So the industrialisation had nothing to do with German threat in 1932, but it did help to build up the threat.

I'm done with this so called artichel. Half is read. It's propaganda which is based on nothing. He only trouwghs dirt at people with no serious covering. He's a simple demagouge.
By C.J. Griffin
Terrified of a war with Germany in 1932! This so called scholar has alot of blanks in her education. Hindenburg was really close to conquering Moscow in 1932

Good point. Hell, Stalin wasn't terrified of a war with Germany even when invasion was imminent! He had his own spies shot for insisting the Germans were preparing to attack. Not only that, but in the purges of 1937-38, when the Nazis were clearly a threat, as opposed to 1932, he had thousands of his best officers murdered (including Mikhail Tukhachevsky, whose "confession" was stained with blood spatter). This ruthless and idiotic purge of the military proved disastrous in the Russo-Finnish winter war and the initial stages of Operation Barbarossa. Red Army soldiers were slaughtered like flies.

It says in plain English "delays in movement[…]

The only thing silly here is you. The reason the[…]

Using two different terms for what is essentially[…]

https://i.ibb.co/THypGjD/image.pn[…]