"Hitler was a genius", is statement is wrong... ri - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Smilin' Dave
I said relative speed, and you took it something clearly defined, yet
by and large

largely

You seem to be using equally vague language. How can I specifically answer this?

You also havent dealt with the key factor here: Hitler. It doesn't matter if the allies did next to nothing. He might have been surprised that the allies did anything at all.
By Thunderhawk
Well, if he thought any actions was "fast" then that just puts another point on the Hitler = idiot list.

As for "largely" - I accept that the occation commander, or soldier, or pilot would be aggressive and take shots at the enemy. During the phoney war a small assault by the French was launched.. and pulled back. Im sure there was the occational sniping pot shot aswell. These however are the exception, not the rule. As such, I say the responce was "largley" peaceful, as I recognize that some people did act - I dont want to discredit them.
By Alchemy
Hitler was nothing more than a visionary who relied on the superb work of his scientists. Do you recall the allies trying to employ and grant citizenship to former Nazi scientists after the fall of Germany?
By Far-Right Sage

I can't believe you actually went there, with the Himmler sig :lol:
By alyster
Himmler wasn't the Angel of Death, Josef Mengele was :hmm:

By QatzelOk
Hitler may have been a genius, but it certainly wasn't in the fields of government, political science, or military manoeuvres.

He was a MARKETING genius who continues to inspire advertising campaigns and public relations everywhere.

Just look at all those "media accuracy" propaganda outfits. And virtually every political campaign today involves essentialising of issues to conform to some kind of popular mythology.

"Islamic = terrorist" got its inspiration from Hitler's equally contrived "Jewish = communist" .

Look the Nazis are an interesting subject, but Hi[…]

I find it bizarre that people like @Unthinking M[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Muscovite schizophrenic Ivan Ilyin is quite lit[…]

World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]