Stalin v. Trotsky in Lenin's Eyes - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Inter-war period (1919-1938), Russian civil war (1917–1921) and other non World War topics (1914-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
Lenin was the Weimar Republic of Bolshevism.

That's not what people said at the time. And Lenin himself would have been outraged at the suggestion; he detested the Weimar Republic.
By Luxemburgs_Pastry_Chef
Stalin only fell out of Lenin's favour as Stalin had been rude to his wife on a few occasions, leading to Lenin being bitter and pissed off at the man who he saw as an uncouth braggart. This is the only reason why Lenin and Stalin didn't talk for Lenin's last few months. Pardon to resurrect, I was not here when this was discussed.
By Dave
Potemkin wrote:What makes you think there wasn't an electoral process in the Soviet Union?

Better question: what makes you think an electoral process is a good gauge of the people's opinion?
By Harry Mason
The electoral process for the Soviet Union was only that of the party. Party members voted in the Party Congress, which elected the Central Committee, which later elected the Politburo, the highest decision making body. In the Politburo, all our dear communists were there: Stalin, Trotsky, Lenin, Bukharin and others.
But then, only party members voted in the institutions that in actuality controlled the country. Quite a comfortable pre-selected body of voters for the Communist elite to look down to.
The person responsible for controlling and scrutinizing party membership admission, was no one else but Joseph Stalin.
For every institution that was elected in the Soviet Union, only the Communist party or its sub-branches were allowed to nominate candidates.
Only a logical conclusion after all other political parties were banned. In addition, Lenin had banned factions within the party itself, declaring that once taken, his decisions were binding to all Communists.

So much for democracy. :roll:

Lenin never specified who he wanted to succeed him. It is only a matter of speculation. He attacked and praised all party members, but he was very critical of Stalin, and he clearly stated that he wanted him out of the post of General Secretary, a post which later allowed him to gain power.

Sorry for raising up this discussion again, but I wanted to write my bit on the subject.
By albionfagan
It doesn't really matter what Lenin wanted, the fact of the matter is that Stalin took power of the Bolshevik party perfectly legitimately.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

As predicted, the hasbara troll couldn't quote me […]

...Gaza could become a tourist attraction if the […]

The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]