Passover False - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Zyx
I sat listening to a speech on Passover, hearing wild talks on Jewish slavery. The speaker pronounced that her ancestors built Pyramids and awkward diseases plagued the Egyptian people. We all understand that, that the latter is untrue: no frogs, no first son deaths, nothing wild had happened. But, what was glaringly despicable and completely untrue, was that the Jews as slaves built Pyramids. For, not only did not the Egyptians use slave labour to build their Pyramids, the Egyptians did not continue to build Pyramids after the Middle Kingdom. So what's this story. I can not seem to find a date for when the Jews left Egypt, but it looks like Abraham's life coincides with the Middle Kingdom of Egypt. So what happened? Were the Jews slaves for less than 100 years or is this story just completely fabricated bullshit?
By Oxymoron
Jews did not build the Pyramids. Neither were they slaves in the modern sence of the word.
By Zyx
So why celebrate passover in the name of Egyptian slavery?
By Dr House
Oxymoron wrote:Neither were they slaves in the modern sence of the word.

Were they paid laborers?
By Oxymoron
It wasnt slavery but it was oppression. Jews were second class citizens in Egypt and were prosecuted. So they decided to leave along with their accumulated wealth and livestock. Then some shananigans happend blabla wander desert blabla arrive in the promised land etc etc.

Were they paid laborers?

most likely.
By Zyx
They did not touch the pyramids, pyramids were not even being built at the time of their exodus. According to Brio's link in my Zeitgeist thread, the Exodus happened in 650 AD. Not a single, reputable, pyramid is from 650 AD. I'd imagine that the Jews were never even in Egypt.
By Oxymoron
They did not touch the pyramids, pyramids were not even being built at the time of their exodus.

Which has nothing to do with the price of tea in China.

According to Brio's link in my Zeitgeist thread, the Exodus happened in 650 AD. Not a single pyramid is from 650 AD. I'd imagine that the Jews were never even in Egypt to be honest.

So the Exodus happend after Jesus was dead for a few centuries and Muhammed was getting ready to roll? :roll: To be honest, there is enough evidence that jews were indeed in Egypt including Egyptian sources.
By MB.
the Exodus happened in 650 AD

That's not right :O
By Zyx
650 BC. My bads, sheesh.

Is there evidence that the Jews were in Egypt and being oppressed from legitimate Egyptian sources? I'd like to see this.

Also, how did the Jews end up in Egypt?
By Oxymoron
Is there evidence that the Jews were in Egypt and being oppressed from legitimate Egyptian sources? I'd like to see this.

What do you want me to use BBC or New York Times? :roll: We are talking from the information we have based on Jewish and Egyptian sources and archealogy, as with most ancient history we dont know the full story but we can get close to the truth. So if you believe some hack movie thats fine, but its pretty much accepted by historians that Jews were in Egypt that there was social conflicts and that Jews left.

Also, how did the Jews end up in Egypt?

Joseph ended up being the Pharoahs advisor being second only to the Pharoah himself in terms of power. He then brought over his people, and they settled in Egypt until things went south.
By MB.
how did the Jews end up in Egypt?

the kemetic new kingdom conquered and annexed israel in the 15th century BCE

edit: the story of joseph is a myth, oxymoron.
By Zyx
Wait a second, the Exodus happened in 1500s, my bads.

According to the Bible the Hebrews only spent 215 years in Egypt. Jacob and his sons and his son's sons entered into Egypt approx in 1665BC and according to Exodus 6:16, 18 and 20 there are only four generations between Jacob and Moses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_(Hebrew_Bible)

I misread, again.

Oxymoron wrote:but its pretty much accepted by historians that Jews were in Egypt that there was social conflicts and that Jews left.

I mean artifacts.

MB. wrote:the kemetic new kingdom conquered and annexed israel in the 15th century BCE

Source?

Oxymoron wrote:So if you believe some hack movie thats fine

I did not watch a movie. I was just thinking of how the Jews could not have built pyramids and now here I am being enlightened to the fact that Jews were probably never in Egypt.
By MB.
Source?

The History of Africa, Molefi Kete Asante (2007).
By Oxymoron
Passover is false, anyway, on a number of counts, though.

That is your opinion.
By Zyx
It's also fact.

MB,

So, Egypt conquered Israel and that's where the Jews came into play? Then how did they run to Israel if at all? That hardly makes sense. Then again, the entire story is nonsense so it's like apples and apples.
By Oxymoron
It's also fact.

No it isnt.

So, Egypt conquered Israel and that's where the Jews came into play? Then how did they run to Israel if at all? That hardly makes sense. Then again, the entire story is nonsense so it's like apples and apples.

Mr.Expert go watch loose change or something and start 5 more threads.
By Zagadka
That is your opinion.

Meh. Oral tradition passed down through hundreds of years across geo-political-ethnic boundaries and written down by a caste of priests in a different language and translated through a half dozen more *must* be accurate.
By MB.
Then again, the entire story is nonsense

you answered your own question
By Oxymoron
What is the source of your information Zag?

In any case many accounts in the Torah have been proved accurate by archealogical finds and secondary sources. Why would you doubt them with out any evidence for such assumptions.

The funniest thing is that these clowns actually […]

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]