Conquest of the Pacific - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Any nice articles concerning the Polynesian exploration and colonisation of the Pacific islands?
By MB.
When approximately did this fascinating historical diaspora occur?
By Cookie Monster
I posted it in the general history forum. One of moderators moved it here. I concur if you want to raise attention that this topic doesn't belong in this subforum.
By Smilin' Dave
One of moderators moved it here. I concur if you want to raise attention that this topic doesn't belong in this subforum.

I was under the impression that the orthodox school of thought on Polynesian migration held that most of it took place in the period covered by this forum.

If you believe that this is incorrect I'll move it to another forum... but it didn't really belong in General history.
By Kon
There is a good chapter in "Guns, Germs, and Steel" on it that you should check out.

I don't recall the "exact" dates MB; but there were humans in Australia around 40kya. Might be 30kya when the area was colonized by stargazing badasses; but it probably took a while longer than that to fan from Hawaii to New Zealand.
By Doomhammer
There is a good chapter in "Guns, Germs, and Steel" on it that you should check out.

I recently read that book and I can corroborate Konulu's suggestion.
By Potemkin
Wiki page on Polynesian culture.

According to Wiki, it happened between about 1800 BC and 700 AD.
By Cookie Monster
According to Wiki, it happened between about 1800 BC and 700 AD.

Indeed, some parts of the Pacific were settled very "recently". New Zealand is believed to settled around 1200 CE. There is even an island which was settled by Polynesians around the time of James Cook, I can't recall the name of the island.

So it could cover several subforums. That's why I placed it in the general forum.

I wasn't comparing Israel to Nazi occupied France[…]

@Tainari88 I don't think @FiveofSwords know[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGRHJ-J9G4 The G[…]