Sugestions for ancient history computer game - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
helo, folks, i'm currently working on a strategy game based around the birth of civilization. i't'd be a game based arround 3 resources: food, money, and sophistication. the first two are obvious, the third would influence the rate at which your civilization would discover new technological advancements, and would depend on luxuries you provided your citizens with: pottery, woolen clothes, etc.

what i'd like to ask you guys is some suggestions on influential technological advances and a bit of information on how it they were discovered and how they influenced the life of people. these technological could be purelly civic or even recreational, as well as militaristic, etc.

as an example, pottery would be one of the first technologies to be discovered, aparently it predates even agriculture in some cultures, it'd increase food revenues, as food preserves better when stored, as well as provide luxury items to citizens
By Thunderhawk
Copying the historical technologies and structures in the Civ series would be a good start. I would suggest going further back though as stone knapping, use of sinew, and the development of the atlatl where pretty huge.
By Homer
developing tools, extracting metals, sculpting, carving, tanning, taming and using fire, working with the seasons, irrigation, salting and extracting salt, fishing and preserving fish, the wheel, rope, grinding grains, holding and carrying water, lots of things like that
By Zyx
Basic Language. Also develop it to the point where a civilization can deter an incoming army with boisterous noises or better sophisticated philosophical arguments.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]

Imagine how delighted you will be when the Circus[…]

BRICS will fail

Americans so desperate for a Cold War 2.0 they inv[…]