Liberalism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By farzad didehvar
There are some texts from Achemedian times which shows how they have thougth
about theire empire. The texts are written clearly about liberalism concepts, as freedom in religion and
the possibility of traveling from any part of the empire to the other part for any one in the empire.
Nowadays, we know the root of liberalism from the religion war in Europe and Germany as a reaction.
The question is: Have we any other text elder than Achamedian texts in the subject of liberalism?
Seemingly as the greek was Democratic they were somehow liberal.
Besides all, there are clear signs that they have a good understanding of soft power in that time.
It is assumed to be a good subject in history, to find the reason how and why they had such an ideas?
How they reach this point, from seemingly fully different approach respect to 30 years wars.
I welcome any idea and comment.
By The Immortal Goon
I would have to look up my sources at home, but the Chinese switched to a paper currency and attempted some reforms that could have been considered broadly liberal - but the experiment failed. The means of production could not support such a thing. I'll try to remember to look at my notes when I get home.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls General Election Summary 2022 Date[…]

Claims that mainstream economics is changing rad[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]