Jesus Christ was a mathematician - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
The world is running out of easy to pump crude oil that cheaply refines into gasoline. There are other energy sources ... if managed properly ... which mankind doesn't have to fight over.

Since water is readily available on the planet ... using hydrogen as an energy storage mechanism is a good idea. It's 'clean energy' with one significant note ... in any mechanical engine or fuel cell device one would have to be careful not to leak any hydrogen into the atmosphere as the hydrogen ( which didn't combine with oxygen ) might float into outerspace. Mother nature wouldn't care if a thousand such devices were in operation ... but on a large scale of hundreds of millions of such hydrogen devices ... it has ecological ramifications, just like a hydrocarbon engine.

Hydrolysis is the way to go ... but one needs a ready source of energy to seperate water into hydrogen and oxygen. So where to get the energy?

I'd look to the Sun and use a solar device ... a parabowl ( sounds like parable ) to produce a 'major heat source' which can then be transformed into electricity. If one reads the bible carefully one would note Christ built such a polished, highly reflective paraboloid of revolution and a mechanism to keep it constantly pointed at the Sun. Specifically it's mentioned in bible verses ... Matthew 5:15, Mark 4:21, Luke 8:16, Luke 3:17, Matthew 3:11, and Galatians 6:11.

In Galatians, Paul is nearly blind as he got a shot of concentrated Sunlight from a parabowl when he was Saul. Saul was also Pontius Pilate ... and in history is also known as Vespasian. I'm sure many will dispute such a claim.

Christ wasn't the first to use such a device ... Archimedes of Syracuse used such a device to set Roman ships on fire. Christ used it in an attempt to help those in 1st century Judea who had no firewood to keep warm in winter ... because all the trees had been cut down due to overpopulation.

Throughout history many have known what I have mentioned above, most notably Bonaventura Francesco Cavalieri, a 17th century priest. But such a conclusion has been repressed by those who would rather 'dig in the ground' for energy, including the popes who were alive during the times of Cavalieri. Maybe the petroleum industry will finally throw in the towel this century.

In the Bible, not only does a parable sound like a parabowl ... but it also sounds like a pair of bowls. So how to place a pair of bowls to amplify light energy?

Simple, really.

Create one large paraboloid of revolution with the shiny surface on the inside of the parabowl. Create another smaller paraboloid of revolution with the shiny reflective surface on the outside of the parabowl. Place the smaller bowl inside the outer bowl so both inner and outer parabowls share the same focus. When the inner parabowl is aligned to be 'symetrically pointed in the same direction' as the outer parabowl ... almost all the sunlight coming into the outer parabowl is reflected by the inner parabowl towards the directrix(s). If the inner parabowl has a 'circle area' of only 10% of the 'circle area' of the outer parabowl ... 90% of the sunlight entering the outer parabowl will be focused into 1/10 the previous area hitting the earth's surface.

The output from this pair of two bowls could then be input into another pair of two bowls, each of smaller dimension than the first pair. (Yes, it's easier to post a picture but I don't have the tools to do as such.) In theory, one could infinitely repeat this pattern in a recursive manner to focues all the Sun's heat at a single point in space ... which any mathematical topologist can prove. But ignoring math theory and concentrating on easy to implement physics ... if the first bowl is ballpark 3 meters in diameter, and sunlight bounces off three more smaller bowls ... the sunlight should be concentrated enough to easily and quickly boil water.

Such a 'portable device' is better for home and on site use ... as a great deal of energy is lost via long distance electrical lines ... which are required to distribute the energy created by the solar power tower in Barstow.

Readers should note the above description may be of patent material ... and funny how the US Congress has recently changed patent law from 'first to invent' to 'first to file' ... don't forget filing a patent costs money and patent lawyers are not cheap. I'm in poor health and I'm too tired to argue with either the patent office or patent lawyers. Please keep in mind both Archimedes and Christ more than likely built such a device before any attempt at such a construction is undertaken in the 21st century. And trying to 'sell a patent' is next to near impossible as well ... better to own the factory and ignore intellectual property rights, build and sell the thing, make money, and let the poor soul who filed the patent try to get some money thirty years after the fact.

Yes, I'm a cynical as Diogenes of Sinope ... and as sick as Diogenes the Cynic.

Parable or parabowl ... they sound alot the same ... and don't forget the Son of Man ... sounds alot like the Sun of Man ... or Sun produced by man.

Using the previous comment as an example and assuming 1370 watts of Sunlight hits a square meter of the Earth's surface:

With a parabowl of 3 meters in diameter, 1370*3.14159*1.5*1.5 ( the last three numbers are pi times the radius squared ) = 9683 watts of solar energy enters the first bowl. So 9683 watts is spread out over 7.0685 square meters, which is the 'circle area' of the largest bowl.

Assuming 90% of 9683 watts of energy is 'squeezed' into an area 1/10 the size the previous bowl ... leads to .90*9683 watts spread out over .10*7.0685 square meters. Thus the energy density or 'solar flux' has been amplified from 1370 watts per square meter to 12,328 watts per square meter, ( 12,328 = .9*9683 / (.1*7.0685) ) and actually there's a way to even better this flux increase ... but to continue the recursion,

Assuming 90% of the energy output from the second bowl is 'spewed out' from the fourth bowl but is squeezed into an area 1/10 the previous 'circle size' of the second bowl ... leads to the energy density being increased to 110,960 watts per square meter ( .9*.9*9683 / (.1*.1*7.0685) ).

So some watts have been lost because I only have 7843 watts (.9*.9*9683) output by the fourth bowl, but all this energy has been compressed into an area of about .07 square meters ... which is a circle area of about a foot in diameter. It's the energy density of 110,960 watts per square meter that can easily boil water upon contact.

Obviously, the above numbers are under 'ideal circumstances' ... but even if I loose alot of energy from such things as an imperfect shaped bowl or bad bowl alignment (and other problems) ... it's still good enough to boil water quickly.
What material are you using for the "shiny surface"? Wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't you just use glass?

I'm also curious what curvatures you're using for the paraboloids. Obviously, different curvatures will have different magnifications similar to eyeglass lenses.
Daktoria wrote:What material are you using for the "shiny surface"? Wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't you just use glass?

I'm also curious what curvatures you're using for the paraboloids. Obviously, different curvatures will have different magnifications similar to eyeglass lenses.

The Greeks and Egyptians both had access to silver ( and glass ) and thus could produce mirrors. And that's exactly what a mirror is ... glass coated on one side with silver. A copper coating also works somewhat. Gold reflects infrared well. Today, most mirrors are coated with aluminium.

As far as curvature goes ... all paraboloids direct light toward the focus. A 'wider' paraboloid would be easier to point towards the Sun ... as a 'narrow' paraboloid would have to be pointed with 'extreme precision.' I would make the first two bowls wide ... and feed that 'condensed light stream' into a pair of bowls which are narrow.
He grow up in Egypt. In this time the scintific center of the world, steam machines and the form of the earth were calculated in Alexandria in this time...

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]