Sargon of Akkad - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Potemkin
Well, if they really hated him badly enough, maybe they would have destroyed his biography!

They went one better and tried to destroy him, personally. Towards the end of his life, after ruling over most of the known world for almost half a century, there was a massive uprising against him by his subject peoples. The records relate that Sargon was besieged by a vast host of enemy troops at his capital, Akkad. They also relate that he personally led his troops out against them and utterly crushed and scattered them. The lion had bared his claws one last time....

Sargon of Akkad - the original badass! 8)
By Hong Wu
Potemkin wrote:They went one better and tried to destroy him, personally. Towards the end of his life, after ruling over most of the known world for almost half a century, there was a massive uprising against him by his subject peoples. The records relate that Sargon was besieged by a vast host of enemy troops at his capital, Akkad. They also relate that he personally led his troops out against them and utterly crushed and scattered them. The lion had bared his claws one last time....

Sargon of Akkad - the original badass! 8)

But afterwards they must have been like, that Sargon was a real badass, maybe he really was the high priestess' daughter, I mean he beat us when he was old.

Sargon, True King, Badass, Man of Destiny :D
By yiostheoy
Hong Wu wrote:The Gods live in us.

Sargon :|

Gods and Goddesses is the realm of Metaphysics.

Aristotle wondered about this too when he invented Metaphysics and his conclusion was there exists a Prime Mover. Like Newton's later idea that an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest, Aristotle had spent an enormous amount of time gazing into the night sky and this led him to discover that a Prime Mover must have put all the planets and comets and meteors and the Moon in motion. He even concluded there must be 40 or so such Gods too.

My own guess is that there are billions. One look at the Hubble Deep Field and its billions of galaxies convinces me so.

This also explains why "Elohim" is plural. And also why it means "council" in other parts of the Torah.

Enlil was the precursor to Elohim, with the rest of his Polytheist buddies and consorts.
Last edited by yiostheoy on 22 Jun 2016 08:29, edited 1 time in total.
By Hong Wu
yiostheoy wrote:Gods and Goddesses is the realm of Metaphysics.

Aristotle wondered about this too when he invented Metaphysics and his conclusion was there exists a Prime Mover. Like Newton's later idea that an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest tends to stay at rest, Aristotle had spent an enormous amount of time gazing into the night sky and this led him to discover that a Prime Mover must have put all the planets and comets and meteors and the Moon in motion. He even concluded there must be 40 or so such Gods too.

My own guess is that there are billions. One look at the Hubble Deep Field and its billions of galaxies convinces me so.

This also explains why "Elohim" is plural. And also why it means "council" in other parts of the Torah.

Very fascinating.

But let me tell you something even more fascinating; I'm pretty sure I am descended from Sargon of Akkad.

All Hail Hong Wu (虹烏), Poster of Posters, Troll of Trolls :D
By yiostheoy
Hong Wu wrote:Very fascinating.

But let me tell you something even more fascinating; I'm pretty sure I am descended from Sargon of Akkad.

All Hail Hong Wu (虹烏), Poster of Posters, Troll of Trolls :D

I have done a cursory historical study of ancient China as much as I could with J.M. Roberts' book "History Of The World":

- the Shang dynasty
- the Chou
- Chin
- Han
- the Mongol period
- Tang
- Sung
- the return of the Mongols
- Ming
- Manchu
- Ching
- Chiang Kai Shek
- Chairman Mao

Nobody bothered China as it was developing for 3 thousand years because it was so remote.

Same thing happened with India and Japan.

Of the 3 of them Japan became a modern superpower first, China second, and the India third.

Although anciently of course, China and India were both already superpowers locally.

Obviously China and Japan clashed the first chance they got. Seems like that always happens.

In Sargon's case in Mesopotamia he clashed with everybody.

Maybe you are descended from the Shang's ?

Where in China is your "clan" from ? That might help us to know.
By Hong Wu
yiostheoy wrote:I have done a cursory historical study of ancient China as much as I could with J.M. Roberts' book "History Of The World":

- the Shang dynasty
- the Chou
- Chin
- Han
- the Mongol period
- Tang
- Sung
- the return of the Mongols
- Ming
- Manchu
- Ching
- Chiang Kai Shek
- Chairman Mao

Nobody bothered China as it was developing for 3 thousand years because it was so remote.

Same thing happened with India and Japan.

Of the 3 of them Japan became a modern superpower first, China second, and the India third.

Although anciently of course, China and India were both already superpowers locally.

Obviously China and Japan clashed the first chance they got. Seems like that always happens.

In Sargon's case in Mesopotamia he clashed with everybody.

Maybe you are descended from the Shang's ?

Where in China is your "clan" from ? That might help us to know.

Nowhere, I'm a Jewish mutt who's learning Chinese :lol:
By yiostheoy
Hong Wu wrote:Nowhere, I'm a Jewish mutt who's learning Chinese :lol:

Then there IS a chance that you are related to Sargon after all, since he was Semitic and pre-Babylonian!

The Jews are Hebrews who settled in Canaan -- we know that much from their language and their beliefs.

The story of Abraham coming from Ur of the Chaldeans is a place in the midst of Babylonia.

Babylonia rose to power not many centuries after Akkad. I was reading about that last night.

The most famous Babylonian was of course Hammurabi The Law Giver.

Moses in Egypt certainly would have been taught about him by the court scribes of the Pharaoh.

So you modern Babylonians all have similar DNA, indeed.

While your ancestors were building cities, mine were roaming through the forests of Europe somewhere, before mine settled in Greece, Italy, Germany, and France.
By Potemkin
The story of Abraham coming from Ur of the Chaldeans is a place in the midst of Babylonia.

Abraham's father Terah was a merchant in Ur, which was one of the chief cities of the Akkadian Empire. The Jewish people can therefore be regarded as an offshoot of the Akkadian people, the inheritors of Sargon's cultural legacy. In that sense, Hong Wu, you are a descendant of Sargon the Great. 8)
By yiostheoy
Hong, I hope you don't mind us talking about your ancient relatives like this.

I had noticed that in the ancient history section of the website forum, no one had given any credit to Sargon yet.

And that seemed unfair to me.

I know that for you this is about family.

For us we are just talking about history though.

:D
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@JohnRawls Why do you think that? If you wer[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]