Gobekli Tepe what does it mean for the human time line? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.

I also finally got around to watching this whole episode, which is really excellent, arguably the best Joe Rogan podcast ever. Hancock and Carlson relentlessly argue for their younger dryas comet impact model, and in doing so, the guests discuss a wide number of well established para-archeological phenomena, such as the age of the Sphinx, the location of Atlantis, the origin of human civilization in Mesopotamia and North America, life during the palaeolithic, and other subjects. Shermer goes too hard with his skepticism on a few occasions that are memorable, notably regarding the continued validity of the Clovis First model regarding the peopling of north america- Shermer refuses to believe that the "established" or "mainstream" model has already been largely opened to question.

On the other hand, Shermer's relentless skepticism reigns in Hancock and Carlson, forcing them to provide evidence to support their claims. Shermer is caught off-guard when Hancock points to an article (by Marc Defant) on the internet version of Shermer's own magazine that criticizes Hancock unfairly, and Shermer is forced to concede it does so. Carlson has a good point about how he doesn't agree that there is a "mainstream" vs the "fringe" but rather a group of factions with too many differing opinions to really construct monolithic groupings, something that Shermer keeps reminding Hancock of. Hancock has a real victim mentality- perhaps because he has been unfairly represented several times in the past, including by the BBC- but it doesn't get too in the way of the fascinating discussion. Hancock calls for more marine archeology to locate further evidence for ancient civilizations or coastal settlements that are now submerged, and I couldn't agree more. Organizations like NOAA which conduct ocean science and research should be funded heavily to continue these investigations with the required resources. At about 2 hours in they call in friends, both geologists (including Defant, the author of the inflammatory article), to have them thoroughly hash out the debate regarding the causes of the climate change incident that occurred between 15,000 and 12,000 years ago.

Here is another

national geographic documentary for anyone interested.
Thanks! I'm watching the National Geographic documentary right now, but after finding out that asshole- Michael Schermer was on Joe Rogan's podcast, I'll probably pass on that one. Weren't there any other skeptics available for the assignment?

Before Klaus Schmidt died, I remember seeing him mention that there was still more excavating to do at the site, and he believed it likely started as long as 14,000 years ago..long before fixed settlement and permanent agriculture, there was at least one place in the world where massive projects with large stone blocks were being built and set in place. Maybe there were others!
Gobekli Tepe discovery gave archeologists a chance to get better understanding of neolitik man. They find out he was more advanced than previously thought. It shows that neolitik man has Gods, he was able to create markings of worshiping, he possessed arhitectural sciencies, and art sciences. If he had all of that, then human race should be older.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/news-his ... hop-002031

Doesn't he have billions in Truth social (you pos[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]