Masada - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Albert

I think this video shows the spirit of the Romans and why they were so successful in building an empire.
By Bosnjak
Romans could simply siege and starve the Jews. Siege is against the roman honor codex, as cowardly method.

So they built a huge ramp with Jew-slaves, for their siege tower.

Titus had robbed the Temple in Jerusalem before, later the Goths robbed the Minora, from them.

A monument in Italy still reminds the victory:

By Albert
What I really admire about the Romans is their determination. A good example of that would be The First Punic War. At the beginning of the war Rome had no fleet to speak of to challenge the Carthaginians at sea. So what do they do? They captured one of Carthaginian ships and modeled it to build their own navy. Later to defeat Carthage at sea.

Later during the war when they sailed around Sicily in show of force, but a storm came upon them taking away most of their 300 ship navy leaving only 80 ships left. What does Rome do? Rebuild it again to that strength and better.
By Zionist Nationalist
Yeah its impressive getting up there was tiring (lots of stairways) but the view from there is awesome I remember getting up there early morning and seeing the sunrise you can see most of the dead sea including the Jordanian side
By starman2003
Albert wrote:What I really admire about the Romans is their determination. A good example of that would be The First Punic War. At the beginning of the war Rome had no fleet to speak of to challenge the Carthaginians at sea. So what do they do? They captured one of Carthaginian ships and modeled it to build their own navy. Later to defeat Carthage at sea.

An even better example is the Second Punic War. After Hannibal demolished the Roman army at the Trebia and later at Trasimene, the Romans put together another big army only to see Hannibal destroy it at Cannae. Undaunted by two massive defeats they called up boys and old men and kept fighting. Fourteen more years of war passed. Somebody in the Carthaginian government demanded that Hannibal continue the fight against Rome. But Hannibal himself forced him to sit down and shut up, and flatly told his government that they had lost--everywhere, in Italy, Spain even Africa-- and had no choice but to agree to peace on Roman terms. Absolutely amazing.

Later during the war when they sailed around Sicily in show of force, but a storm came upon them taking away most of their 300 ship navy leaving only 80 ships left. What does Rome do? Rebuild it again to that strength and better.

Rome's fantastic resiliency persisted; for centuries it weathered the most terrible adversities. But it ended almost completely by c 400 CE, and the western empire rapidly went down the drain.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]