The Solomonic Dynasty - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Paradigm

The Solomonic Dynasty ruled Ethiopia from around 950 BCE until 1974. There were a few interruptions in between, such as Italy's conquest of Ethiopia during WWII, but in a nearly 3,000 year history, that's a blink of an eye. They trace their origins to King Solomon through the Queen of Sheba, who is said to have given birth to their first king, Menelik I. They were thus ruled by African Jews for nearly a millennium, before their conversion to Christianity in the apostolic age. It is said that Ethiopia was converted by the apostle St. Bartholomew, thus establishing the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church as one of the first Christian churches. It is unique among Christian churches in how seamlessly they blend Judaism and Christianity. They follow a mostly kosher diet, and their faith centers around the Ark of the Covenant, which they claim is still held in one of their churches, brought over from Israel by the Queen of Sheba. I just find it shocking that such a distinguished ancient and long-lasting dynasty warrants barely a mention in Western history books.
Paradigm wrote:It just blows my mind thinking about how many Europeans kingdoms came and went in that time. How many dynasties in China. The rise and fall of the Roman Empire. Alexander the Great. This kingdom outlasted them all.

Except that the link back before the 13th century is just a claim of ancestry, not of a continuous kingdom. They claimed descent from the rulers of Axum, who had ruled from about 100AD-900AD. And going back before that just looks like a foundation myth. If you believe those, then the Queen of England is descended from Woden, chief o the gods.

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]