The Kamikazes That Saved Japan - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
It was a turning point in history and Japan remained unscathed after two invasion attempts by the Mongol Empire, while Russia was reduced to a client state obliged to pay tributes to Mongol overloads for two centuries. The Sea of Japan was an insurmountable geographical barrier for Kublai's Mongol armada. When Hitler was planning Operation Sealion, Britain was saved by the English Channel in a similar fashion.

Marine archaeologists say they have uncovered a wreck from one of Kublai Khan's 13th century Mongol invasion fleets just yards off the coast of Japan.
Scientists are hoping to be able to recreate a complete Yuan Dynasty vessel after the discovery of a 36ft-long section of keel just below the seabed off Nagasaki.
Japanese legend claims that two 'divine winds', known as The Kamikaze, destroyed both of Kublai Khan's vast invasion fleets with the loss of thousands of troops.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4liFzk04K
Wish Russians got something like a kamikaze to save them from the Mongol onslaught, but then again we got Alexander Nevsky who saved Rus'.

anasawad wrote:Its actually hilarious seeing the right wing PoFo members talking about Japanese Kamikazes.
Nande?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]