Come back Boudica - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By roscoe
BOUDICA She wiped out a whole Roman Legion from Brussels and caused another from Strasbourg to run for their lives. And she's buried under a McDonalds in Kings Heath. We are told by the Roman writers (50 years after the battle with Suetonius and the Legio XIV Gemina, and the XX Valeria Victrix ) that it was a one sided victory. The truth is Suetonius army consisting of several Legions was in no fit state to continue. The Romans had to bring in Legions from abroad to subdue the uprising and there ended up more Legions in Britannia than all the rest of the Roman empire put together.And even then they never fully conquered all of Britannia. The Romans won because we were fighting each other (pay attention Scotland) and some wanted Roman trinkets rather than freedom (like the Remainiacs want Brussels [Bruxellae] or Strasbourg [Argentoratum] to rule them) ----- She gutted three Roman towns including London and she wiped a whole Roman legion off the face of the earth at Camelodunum ( Legio IX Hispana,) and caused another (II Augusta Legion -originally from Argentoratum) to run for their lives. The Roman writers failed to mention the 80,000 Romans killed by Boudica's army prior to the battle with Suetonius. Never forget Boudica, her spirit is with us. We have been Romanised enough. Take a look who is outside the Houses of Parliament with her spear held high. She kicked Roman Butt. She would rather die than be a slave.

THE ANGER IS RISING.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]