Did Alexander the Great Succeed in Truly Conquering Afghanistan? Debate - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Rome, Greece, Egypt & other ancient history (c 4000 BCE - 476 CE) and pre-history.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Aside how most people consider him as conqueror his mission was way greater i.e. spreading his and mixing different cultures, thus he indeed succeed in this if it is known that after his conquest the Greek and Indian cultural mix happened exactly in Afghanistan though obviously after Alexander [1] but he immediately laid ground for this event, first of all he suited any animosity making them allies by marrying local tribal princess, then respecting their afghan warrior might by not slaying their kings (read chiefs) probably respect their resistance and in the end their diplomacy thus didnt instigated extermination what eventually could be seen nowadays as not truly conquest but back then was in large part accepted as quick victory by making them subordinate culture which day after little by little started to trade exchange and accept foreigners, thus in my opinion the way he rushed true he succeeded in his first phase tho didnt live the day to see the next one ...

I spent literal months researching on the many ac[…]

meh, we're always in crsis. If you look at the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...Other than graduating from high school and bei[…]

So you do, or do not applaud Oct 7th? If you say […]