Will America's REAL First President Please Stand Up - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By The Immortal Goon
with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation.

And before that there was the adoption of the Declaration of Independence.

The US isn't ruled under either, but the United States Constitution - with which George Washington was the first president.

-TIG :rockon:
By redstarline
who was the first American born president and when did they bring the law banning immigrants from being president.
By Todd D.
who was the first American born president and when did they bring the law banning immigrants from being president.

Martin Van Buren, the 8th President, was the first to be born in the United States after it became a country. As far as I know, all the others preceding him were born in the Colonies while still under British rule.

The law that sets the qualifications for the President being American born is Article 2 of the Constitution:
No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

Emphasis mine to show how the first 7 Presidents were qualified to become so.
By redstarline
Have there been any moves to change this law which must ban a large percentage of US citizens from being President?

I think it was Jerry Springer who said he left the UK when he found he couldn't be king, the irony being that he went to the USA where he cant be president but he could technically be king of england.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Victory is achieving your own strategic goals. De[…]

@SpecialOlympian Stupid is as stupid does. If[…]

It is rather trivial to transmit culture. I can j[…]

World War II Day by Day

So long as we have a civilization worth fighting […]