Why wasn't Hitler accepted into art school?? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ok, this topic is both about history and about art, but I thought it best to put it in the history sub-forum.

I myself have never been any good at painting or drawing, but I know talent when I see it. I've been looking at some of Adolf Hitler's paintings and it's quite clear, to me anyways, that he was very talented. If I were the one who drew those pictures, I'd also be pretty fucking pissed off if I got rejected from an art school. Why do you think he was rejected? Was it specifically the Jews who rejected him? Were the Jews the ones who ran everything in Vienna at that time? Do you think Hitler had a right to be angry at the Jews, given the hard work and effort he put into his paintings, only to see them rejected without any real good reason? Also, in hindsight, wouldn't you agree that had Hitler been accepted, the entire Holocaust could have been avoided?
Hitler applied for the prestigious art school in Vienna after dropping out of high school at 16 and doing nothing for few years despite his mother's pleading to learn a trade or get a job and it was his poor academic record and idle lifestyle which did not meet the criteria to pass the exam and there was nothing wrong with his drawing skills as he earned a living as an artist for a while before the First World War without even attending the art school. Moreover, Europe's rigid class system at the time may have made him a social outcast after his father's premature demise and he did not have a solid middle-class background to gain social acceptance in the art world.

Sketches taken from the portfolio submitted by a young Adolf Hitler to the Vienna academy of Art Photo: BNPS
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 01 Mar 2013 01:58, edited 3 times in total.
Hitler was brilliant at drawing buildings. When he was 13, one of his schoolfriends looked on in amazement as Hitler drew the local castle, perfect in every detail, from memory. However, he sucked at drawing people. Guess he just wasn't a 'people person', eh?

The art school was correct to reject him - if you can't draw people for toffee, then what good is an art school going to be to you? He should have been trying to be an architect, not an artist. I think he realised this himself in later life, hence his friendship with Speer.

They are reminiscent of the artwork Pam did of the Dundler-Mifflin offices.

There is a certain "flatness" to them where the perspective is off. Perhaps that is the reason.

I don't see the volkstoons as lacking as the architecture.

The dogs are better than Napoleon Dynamite's liger, although to the sacrifice of the art.

I understand he was much better at painting houses.

One day, two coats!!

...Or maybe because there are many witnesses sayin[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

If the tunnels were built by Hamas openly, then th[…]

Sounds like perfect organized crime material ex[…]

Commercial foreclosures increase 97% from last ye[…]