The French Revolution on The History Channel - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By malachi151
The only coverage of the French Revolution I have seen on the History Channel was a VERY POOR documentary, that virtually sided with the aristocrats.

Ther French Revolution is extremely poorly taught in America. They don't even cover the role of Thomas Paine in the Revolution, which was actually significant.

The French Revolution was good, but it was bad that Napolean restored power to the Church, that was the biggest tragedy. The establishemnt of the capitalist class was inevitable and a proper part of the devleopment of industrialized economy.

That History Channel cover of the revolution really sucked actually. It gives a very bourgeois view of the revolution and is sympathetic to the aristocracy and doesn't give any of the read dirt of real fundamental politcal discource surrounding le Revolucion.
By Norwegian
Triggerhappy Nun wrote:Firstg of all, in a pure capitalist country there's nothing to stop companies from expanding, also there will be many companies springing up, so you shall always be in demand.

That argument is just utter crap.
By repr0bate
A Marxist talking about revolution? But...but...THAT'S INSANE!! :knife:
By malachi151
I'm not sure that the documentary I saw is the same one that is being discussed, so I can't say for sure. I saw A documentary on the HC a while back that I thought sucked, it may not be this same one for all I know.

I think the one I saw was a British production.
By Adrien
The French Revolution was good, but it was bad that Napolean restored power to the Church, that was the biggest tragedy.

It's far from being that easy; Napoleon manipulated Rome and the Pope, and the treaty signed (the Concordat) is litterally an agreement that looks more like an official status-quo (the document even admitted that Judaism and Protestantism were two official religions).

It's like during the Crowning, Napoleon managed to make the Pope come and bless him, while doing or saying nothing else.

The ban on usury was inherited from the Jews. The[…]

^ I guess you meant Raqqa. How exactly don't we k[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times mo[…]

There were no barricades. Everyone was able to ac[…]