The Inquisition only killed 40 million - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Fernando
Don't forget the 1502 expulsion of Muslims!

Muslims were not expelled in 1502. They were expelled in 17th century because they were thought to help the Muslim pirates from N Africa.

It is to be noted that no other European country had a significant non-Christian population. They have noticeable other-Christian population, ... which were expelled/forced to convert/treated as 2nd class citizens.
By Truthseeker
It is to be noted that no other European country had a significant non-Christian population.

Poland had a few muslims, many Jews, and sizable numbers of unconverted (pagans)

Muslims were not expelled in 1502

Moriscos: AD 1502-1609

Morisco is a derogatory Spanish term, deriving from moro - meaning Moorish and used originally of Muslims from Morocco. During the 16th century Morisco becomes applied to Muslim families who have remained in Spain by converting to Christianity.

The choice of expulsion or conversion first confronts the Muslims of Granada in 1502. It is extended by Charles V in 1525 to the rest of the kingdom. Inevitably, under this form of pressure, conversion is often half-hearted. Many Muslims families keep faith with the old religion, carrying out the rituals of Islam in private.

Easily located SOURCE
By Fernando
In 1609 Philip III passes a decree (the most popular of his entire reign) ordering the expulsion from Spain of all Moriscos. It takes five years for the process to be carried out, as families are transported in galleys across the Mediterranean to the coast of north Africa.

From your very same source.

Poland had a few muslims, many Jews, and sizable numbers of unconverted (pagans)

Poland simply could not expel them. My point stands: No Muslims in France or England or Germany.
By Truthseeker
Poland simply could not expel them.

The same was said of the Jews and Moriscos in Spain, and indeed problems of the unassimilated persisted for a long time, poland could have managed a similarly inneffective "official" expulsion decree, though you would have to alter all their political institutions to allow such a thing.

No Muslims in France or England or Germany.

Were so many trying to get in?
By dannymu
The Inquisition only killed 40 million

What a ridiculous figure.
By Red Star
I think you failed to understand Mik's dig at all the 'Stalin killed sixty gazillion people' threads.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]