Polish history - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Early modern era & beginning of the modern era. Exploration, enlightenment, industrialisation, colonisation & empire (1492 - 1914 CE).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By oppose
Did poland once occupy moscow? i think i heard that once in the 1500s or some shit. how old are the polish people back in history does it go?
By Diving Carrot
Poland as the country is dated to be more than 1000 years old, when prince Mieszko I united main slavic tribes on the today's Polish territory.
And yes Poland did occupy Moscow and it was from 1610 to 1612. On 1612 they got kicked out. As you see occupation was not long, however it was the only time that any foreign country occupied Moscow, so currently Russians even created national holiday so to celebrate 1612 Moscow victory.
By Thunderhawk
The Mongols sacked Moscow, the Swedes marched an army into Moscow too - thought both were in Moscow a short term.
By Zel
Not to forget Napoleon though that was what could be called a Phyrric conquest.
By Shade2
Did poland once occupy moscow?

Actually it were Polish nobles who assisted a faction in Muscovy civil war.
By Unperson-K
If I remember rightly, the Polish king (or one of his sons) tried to claim the throne of Muscovy. Unfortunately, I have yet to do any detailed reading on the Time of Troubles so I am not too sure.
By Sniperwolfe
If I remember rightly, the Polish king (or one of his sons) tried to claim the throne of Muscovy. Unfortunately, I have yet to do any detailed reading on the Time of Troubles so I am not too sure.

I think you're thinking of the Pole who claimed himself a Tsar, but was shot out of a cannon when the Russians didn't like him...

Can't believe I don't remember his name...
By Diving Carrot
He claimed himself to be Dimitriy, later known as False Dimitriy. His real name was Grigory Otrepyev.
By Moro
As you see occupation was not long, however it was the only time that any foreign country occupied Moscow, so currently Russians even created national holiday so to celebrate 1612 Moscow victory.

Actually, I believe the Polish were the only ones to occupy the Kremlin. Moscow was razed by the Crimean Tatars in 1571 but the Kremlin was not touched.
By Thunderhawk
Kirillov wrote:If I remember rightly, the Polish king (or one of his sons) tried to claim the throne of Muscovy.

Are you a Europa Universalis II player?

(Note to mods. This was already necroed, so I just added :p)
By Unperson-K
Are you a Europa Universalis II player?

(Note to mods. This was already necroed, so I just added )

No, I am a History student.

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

The bill proposed by Congress could easily be use[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Even in North America, the people defending the[…]

Yes, try meditating ALONE in nature since people […]