Thatcherism or Paternalism - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Tim
Keith Joseph made two disticntions, between the common ground and the middle ground.

the middle ground is the polity - i.e. the elite manufactured political climate.

the common ground is what the popular views are.

And for my guesses, the British people are still Conservative. But as we have seen, the middle ground moves leftward with the elite, taking most political parties with them.

the common ground is hereby voting for parties on the Right, be they UKIP, Conservative or other right wing parties. Problem is, that the Conservatives have been taken so far left by the middle ground, that they are actually beginning to believe it is the common ground.

Hence that is why is support the moves of the party in a more Thatcherite direction, to get it in touch with the common ground once more.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
That's bullshit Tim.

EDIT: I'd better expand on this a bit. Most of my friends and family would all vote for Lib Dem for the simple reason Labour took us into war and everybody around here hates the right wing. So from my personal experiencae, people want the most left wing major political party to run the country, and you are running counter to that. The vote is and should be all about the next generation, not some 'cosy' version of Britain that's had it's time. Move on.
By Tim
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:That's bullshit Tim.

EDIT: I'd better expand on this a bit. Most of my friends and family would all vote for Lib Dem for the simple reason Labour took us into war and everybody around here hates the right wing. So from my personal experiencae, people want the most left wing major political party to run the country, and you are running counter to that. The vote is and should be all about the next generation, not some 'cosy' version of Britain that's had it's time. Move on.

the left wing post-war consensus was abandoned 25 years ago - maybe you need to move on.

Plus, need i show you the lates election results. The Conservatives are the largest party in local government. The Tory-UKIP right 'won' the european elections. I believe my statement, and Keith Joseph's assertion had more, and deserved more, than being called 'bullshit'.
By Attenuated Signal
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:The vote is and should be all about the next generation, not some 'cosy' version of Britain that's had it's time. Move on.

I disagree, the vote should be about the current generation, the next generation can vote for itself.

BTW: I've been voting Lib Dem for a while now after defecting from Labour. Do you find it difficult to vote for anything to do with Charles Kennedy? I do.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
Attenuated Signal wrote:
Seán himmelb(L)au wrote:The vote is and should be all about the next generation, not some 'cosy' version of Britain that's had it's time. Move on.

I disagree, the vote should be about the current generation, the next generation can vote for itself.

BTW: I've been voting Lib Dem for a while now after defecting from Labour. Do you find it difficult to vote for anything to do with Charles Kennedy? I do.

No, I mean a lot of my friends will be old enough to vote for the first time next year, I was referring to them as the new generation able to vote.

And Kennedy? He's a nice man. We've had worse in government, I think he'd be more leadership material if he got into power, though that would be too late :hmm:. Plus I've seen the people supporting Kennedy, and they're more than capable of running the country too.

Tim, I want proof of those results, and of course the right wing is going to get more votes than any other paty because they're the whole of the right wing.

And yes, it is a postwar consensus. Post Iraq war.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
Why exactly are you trying to make out the left wing to be terrorists? You stupid fuck.
By Tim
You said the whole of the right were putting up for elections, meaning the whole of the left were elsewhere. Besides, get a sense of humour you prick.

No one would be arrested if protesters did not dis[…]

Nope! Yep! Who claimed they were? What predat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It seems a critical moment in the conflict just ha[…]

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]