Is it okay for children to know about homosexuality? - Page 37 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
mikema63 wrote:Yes, sex education and tolerance are death to childhood.

Mikema63...

Sex education is teaching and preparing children to understand consequences as well as responsibilities on behalf of diseases, unplanned pregnancies and birth control along with correct parenting strategies regarding straight couples in normal relationships.
At least that was how it was being taught loooong ago when I was a young lad growing up.
Promoting and allowing same sex couples to thrive in the eyes of our children who are far too young to know any better is like selling crack in front of the neighborhood candy store.
Oh yea... that's right... that also seems to be allowed nowadays too.
Notice the pattern here?
Don't feel bad... mostly everyone else don't either.

-joeylyrics
joeylyrics wrote:Sex education is teaching and preparing children to understand consequences as well as responsibilities on behalf of diseases, unplanned pregnancies and birth control along with correct parenting strategies regarding straight couples in normal relationships.
At least that was how it was being taught loooong ago when I was a young lad growing up.
Promoting and allowing same sex couples to thrive in the eyes of our children who are far too young to know any better is like selling crack in front of the neighborhood candy store.
Oh yea... that's right... that also seems to be allowed nowadays too.
Notice the pattern here?
Don't feel bad... mostly everyone else don't either.

Selling crack to children has verifiable negative effects.

Teaching children to accept homosexuality does not.

Thus your comparison is flawed.
Oh would you look at that he's been red carded, I can't imagine why.

Children thinking there is something wrong with them when they start experiencing feelings they didn't know were possible could easily lead to depression and bullying from others.
When a boy is still young enough to believe a girl can give him cooties...
He is at his most vonerable stage to where his affections come way before his erection.
Publicizing sick sexual fetishes as well as same sex relationships while NOT blindfolding the YOUTH may lead to a young boy to go and try and kiss another boy.
Little Betty from up the block who liked him a lot will know for sure and way before he does that he's most likely going to grow up to be a fruit cup.

Children shouldn't be subjected to such material at such an early age like they shouldn't be handed that crackpipe down by that neighborhood candy store.
If parents can learn to not curse in front of their kids... they could also try and learn to raise them to be NORMAL and at least until they're old enough to determine what THEY think is right for themselves.
Neat and discrete is how these same sex couples need to be.
Anything else remains uncivilized.
joeylyrics wrote:When a boy is still young enough to believe a girl can give him cooties...
He is at his most vonerable stage to where his affections come way before his erection.
Publicizing sick sexual fetishes as well as same sex relationships while NOT blindfolding the YOUTH may lead to a young boy to go and try and kiss another boy.
Little Betty from up the block who liked him a lot will know for sure and way before he does that he's most likely going to grow up to be a fruit cup.

Children shouldn't be subjected to such material at such an early age like they shouldn't be handed that crackpipe down by that neighborhood candy store.
If parents can learn to not curse in front of their kids... they could also try and learn to raise them to be NORMAL and at least until they're old enough to determine what THEY think is right for themselves.
Neat and discrete is how these same sex couples need to be.
Anything else remains uncivilized.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Selling crack to children has verifiable negative effects.

[/quote]

Pants-of-dog...

Dogs shouldn't wear pants just like children shouldn't be exposed to sick, adult sexual preference.
A toke from a crack pipe could easily get one to get hooked.
An "OK" to a child from an eager elder who is SUPPOSED to know better regarding situations that children are too young to know about in the first place could result in prematute experimentation.
Turning a straight kid into a homosexual because they're being told there's nothing wrong with it is just as bad as passing them that crack pipe.
Either way... BOTH ways are interfering with the well being of that child.
Now that's a flaw that quickly needs to be fixed.
joeylyrics wrote:Pants-of-dog...

Dogs shouldn't wear pants just like children shouldn't be exposed to sick, adult sexual preference.
A toke from a crack pipe could easily get one to get hooked.
An "OK" to a child from an eager elder who is SUPPOSED to know better regarding situations that children are too young to know about in the first place could result in prematute experimentation.
Turning a straight kid into a homosexual because they're being told there's nothing wrong with it is just as bad as passing them that crack pipe.
Either way... BOTH ways are interfering with the well being of that child.
Now that's a flaw that quickly needs to be fixed.

Please note my use of the word "verifiable".

That means we can use evidence to show that crack is bad for you.

You cannot give me evidence that shows that homosexuality is wrong.
Rei Murasame wrote:Question: Do you accept that kids have crushes on other kids?

Rei Murasame...

Sure... but I do believe they shouldn't be encouraged by ADULTS to have a crush on someone of the same sex while still being under age.
Newer isn't alwsys better especially when it comes to morals and ethics.
Rei Murasame wrote:What do you think adults should tell a 10 year old girl that has a crush on another girl? Just leave them to figure out what it means by themselves?

Rei...

If a 10 year old girl has a crush on another girl... she must've seen it or heard about doing it from somewhere.
My guess leans to either a grown up she knows or just one of the many gay tv programs that are all over the airwaves.
Either way... the correct way to handle the situation is to try and get that 10 year old little girl to understand that girls are meant to be with boys even if you constantly remind her right up until the time she's no longer a little girl anymore.
Failure to try and guide a child down the right path is as equally disgusting as the thought of a same sex, hairy male relationship.
The ClockworkRat wrote:Joe, if people's sexual morality is so vigorously influenced by the media then why are you not questioning your own? Maybe all those disgusting heteronormative shows you watch are subverting your true rainbow self.

Clockwork Rat...

Television is nothing more than a mind polluting bullshit box.
It's something I quickly get tired of watching due to its drama based dialogue.
Everything that comes out of it these days is either non educational or promoting something that people can really do without.
I'm really starting to become not such a big fan of it anymore even if the high definition does look outstanding.
However... I do not need a television set to know I'm straight as an arrow and sharp as a tack.
The only rainbow I adore is the one high in the sky after a good rain.
It's a shame the gays had to give something so truly beautiful such a bad name.
Rei Murasame wrote:In addition to what TCR has said, do you really think that telling them to like the opposite gender is going to cause them to actually do so? If so, how come it basically never works?

Rei...

A childs mind is far more easier to mold than the family pet.
They do pick up and learn things even if it's not timely appropriate for them to be subjected to such material in the first place.
When a child is too young to know about the birds and the bees... they are also too young to know what same sex relationships are all about.
I wouldn't want my child to know about homosexuality just like I wouldn't want a rainbow club opening up down the street from my house.
There used to be a time when there was a time and a place for everything.
What ever happened to the good old days when people believed in being neat and discrete?
I guess that too went out the window along with mans chivalrous morals.
joeylyrics wrote:A childs mind is far more easier to mold than the family pet.

If that were really so, then they wouldn't be having those thoughts at all, would they?

joeylyrics wrote:They do pick up and learn things even if it's not timely appropriate for them to be subjected to such material in the first place.

Even if you don't show them anything at all, they are going to figure it out anyway.

joeylyrics wrote:When a child is too young to know about the birds and the bees... they are also too young to know what same sex relationships are all about.

But in our hypothetical example, the girl has decided that she likes another girl, and you are now in the hilarious position of having to try to tell her not to do think that. Do you really think she'll say, "oh, sorry, I'll just not think about that anymore?"

I think you and I both know that won't work.
Rei...

Young children who don't know what sex is has no clue to what their private parts are actually intended for.
Having them figure it out for themselves is one thing...
Not waiting for them to be at school, or at a friends house or even ASLEEP before having bed squeaking, house shaking sweaty sex doesn't take them long before that little lightbulb goes off in their heads and especially after they've already cracked the door to their parents bedroom just enough to catch a glimpse
of what's really causing all that loud commotion.

As far as our hypothetical example is concerned...
If the young girl who has the feelings for that other young girl BEFORE she thought about boys...
She probably was unfortunate enough to have walked in on mommy chowing down on her other mommy which most likely triggered her thought process to go that route for herself.
Children pick up on their parents habits regardless if they're good or bad.
Same sex sex IS a fiendish fetish as well as a sick and disgusting habit and should not be introduced or displayed for a child to ponder.
Faiure to comply may and could easily effect the decisions of that child which is a chance any unselfish parent wouldn't be willing to take.

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

I think a Palestinian state has to be demilitariz[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]