The Republican Party is not fiscally conservative. - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Dr House wrote:No, that's not what I'm talking about. What I'm talking about is using the threat of military repercussions (or other repercussions like refusal to trade or outright blockade) to harass other nations. A big power can do that to a small neighboring power without having any real intentions to invade.

Ok so what nations have China colonized with the threat of force?

Dr House wrote:Of course not, that'd be stupid. The US should, however, contain Chinese growth lest it become another USSR and threat to American hegemony.

The US should mind its own fucking business that is what it should do.

Dr House wrote:Capitalism has fuck-all to do with this. China sees itself as a budding superpower, and unless it is contained it quite frankly is. China likes using its regional power status to harass its neighbors, many of which are allied to the US, and as they gain power and thus power projection capabilities they will try to assert global dominance by seeking to contain us. Which means that, left unchecked, eventually they will begin using global influence to try and rob us of trade partners and needed resources in order to starve us.

China might aswell develop into another Germany, a peaceful nation that does not want to bother itself with harassing the US. Not to mention the total impossibility of starving a resource rich continent like North America.
Kman wrote:Ok so what nations have China colonized with the threat of force?

Well they don't quite dominate other countries to the point of colonize them, mostly because Western powers prevent them from doing so. They do however routinely violate the sovereignty of neighboring nations, because they can. Were it not for American presence they probably would colonize every country in Southeast Asia -- they have that kind of clout and are more than willing to do so.

http://english.vietnamnet.vn/en/politic ... tries.html
http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2 ... spat_japan

Kman wrote:China might aswell develop into another Germany, a peaceful nation that does not want to bother itself with harassing the US.

Why in the world would it do that? Germany is a peaceful nation because it was essentially de-fanged by the Allies after losing the costliest war in human history, and even then only because the prevailing culture of the German elite is liberal. China has no such moral qualms, has not lost a war to the US and has a much greater population to the US; which again if unchecked it will eventually parlay into military and economic superiority.

Kman wrote:Not to mention the total impossibility of starving a resource rich continent like North America.

China obviously can't strangle us economically (we on the other hand may be able to strangle them), but it can nevertheless make life difficult for us by robbing us of trading partners.
Kman wrote:
Non-sensical scaremongering, the US has nukes and because of this invasion of the US is pretty much impossible without having your homeland destroyed.

Depends on who gets elected. Barack ("I will have more flexibility after the election") Obama has expressed his intentions to unilaterally reduce the US nuke arsenal from 1500 down to around 300… as a gesture of peace. :roll:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/world ... wanted=all
Bill O Rights wrote:Depends on who gets elected. Barack ("I will have more flexibility after the election") Obama has expressed his intentions to unilaterally reduce the US nuke arsenal from 1500 down to around 300… as a gesture of peace. :roll:

Oh noes only 300 nukes, surely the US will be defenseless..... :roll:

I am sure China can take 100 of these nukes landing in their cities with ease, they will just go ''hah, is that all you got?'' and then procede to invade and take over the US......
Bill O Rights wrote:Depends on who gets elected. Barack ("I will have more flexibility after the election") Obama has expressed his intentions to unilaterally reduce the US nuke arsenal from 1500 down to around 300… as a gesture of peace. :roll:

Kman wrote:Oh noes only 300 nukes, surely the US will be defenseless..... :roll:

I am sure China can take 100 of these nukes landing in their cities with ease, they will just go ''hah, is that all you got?'' and then procede to invade and take over the US......

If the world's terrorists and rogue nations perceive weakness … it emboldens them … that is well proven. Bin Laden's attack was the culmination of years of lack of perception and poor foreign policy strategy … Our enemies dont have to use their nuclear weapons to effectively express their contempt.
There has not been a single problem with maintaining the current number and types of nuclear weapons. In fact many of our allies depend on our level of strength as a deterrent to a nuclear arms race among those countries that would feel compelled to protect themselves against countries like Iran and North Korea if the US created a vacuum.

We've seen first hand, real time, how Obama's gestures of peace have worked out.

If you think that the world will respond to such a move with a smile and a hand shake … Dream on...
Dr House wrote:Why in the world would it do that? Germany is a peaceful nation because it was essentially de-fanged by the Allies after losing the costliest war in human history, and even then only because the prevailing culture of the German elite is liberal.

Yes but lets also remember the role of Stalin arguably the greatest peace maker of modern times. Without Stalin's firm hand Germany and Japan might well have started whining and returned to their old ways. but also, the non European Anglo-sphere and North and Western Europe might have been ready for peace but most central and Eastern European nations were bang up for war.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]