True conservatives fighting back?..Teabagger takes major hit - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Mark Hatfield, Georgia Birther And GOP State Lawmaker, Demolished By Primary Challenger

A Georgia state GOP lawmaker and attorney who lent himself to birther causes won't be returning to the state legislature next year after suffering a crushing defeat to a young political upstart.

Republican State Rep. Mark Hatfield had earlier represented two men in an unsuccessful challenge to President Barack Obama's ballot eligibility over claims he wasn't a natural born citizen. During his tenure in the Georgia state legislature, he also introduced a birther bill. On Tuesday, however, 26-year-old farmer and businessman Tyler Harper put Hatfield's career on hold, winning 63 percent of the vote to his 29 percent and ending Hatfield's quest for a state senate seat.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider- ... o-runoffs/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... f=politics
OP wrote:Georgia Birther... Demolished By Primary Challenger

This is all I need to know to say "Thank god"

Oswald wrote:What evidence is there that this State Representative's loss in the primary had anything to do with his statements about the President?

This isn't proof of anything, but the hilarious margin may be partly fueled by anti-Birtherism, which is an unpopular opinion with moderates, and moderates have massive influence in elections, even primaries. It may, with the lose of other Birther held seats, signal a lose of power from the movement.
Wolfman wrote:the hilarious margin may be partly fueled by anti-Birtherism, which is an unpopular opinion with moderates and moderates have massive influence in elections, even primaries.

That could be it. Georgia is an open primary state (like Illinois), and open-primary states are generally more moderate in terms of who they nominate in the primaries.
Well, let's all just hope the GOP returns to some semblance of sanity soon. They've wandered so far to the Right after this nascent looneytarian/teabagger putsch within their ranks, the policies of Ronald Reagan would be considered left wing radicalism today. Not a single Republican from the 80's or 90's would be a viable candidate in today's GOP, not even close.

Here's another inconvenient truth modern day righties have forgotten - Reagan raised taxes 11 times.

(Bloomberg) -- Republicans seeking their party’s 2012 presidential nomination are invoking Ronald Reagan when conveying their message of small government and low taxes.

Reagan championed tax cuts. He also agreed to raise taxes 11 times during his presidency from January 1981 to January 1989...

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-1 ... eases.html
Though this tiny advance can be offset with a number of tea-party wins so far this cycle it is a good sign. So is the dumping by Arizona of its zenophobic senate president and the special election victory of democrat Ron Barber. We moderate conservative republicans are starting to retake our party but it will be a hell of a fight. Everytime I speak for a more moderate position on this forum the usual two asshats call me a "RINO", 'libral or soch'list. The far right in the republican party is bull headed and for the post part not too smart. They are hard to overcome. But the worm is turning.

The dirty little secret that they can't bring themselves to admit is that Romney, their party's candidate in November, IS the most moderate of those who ran. That should tell us something.
Drlee wrote: We moderate conservative republicans are starting to retake our party but it will be a hell of a fight. Everytime I speak for a more moderate position on this forum the usual two asshats call me a "RINO", 'libral or soch'list. The far right in the republican party is bull headed and for the post part not too smart. They are hard to overcome. But the worm is turning.

I sure hope the worm is turning. Until this country has a sane 'conservative' opposition party, as in one that doesn't stand four-square against every truly conservative ideal out there, the US will limp along with a BROKEN GOVERNMENT. We haven't seen a right wing putsch like this in modern history, including the McCarthy Era insanity, and the days of Barry Goldwater.
The big money must be getting all they want from Barry or they would tell the Repos to buck their ideas up

After Barry's re-election, we may see big money move against the crazies - but there again its good TV and the big money owns TV

Well we have zero government and nobody is winning - its like a national suicide pact

I think moderate conservatives will rise up soon after the lost election - they are the real majority in the repo party
Someneck wrote:The big money must be getting all they want from Barry or they would tell the Repos to buck their ideas up

After Barry's re-election, we may see big money move against the crazies - but there again its good TV and the big money owns TV

Well we have zero government and nobody is winning - its like a national suicide pact

I think moderate conservatives will rise up soon after the lost election - they are the real majority in the repo party

True, and along those lines, just ran across this piece by Aravosis, discussing these 'crazies', contains some great links to their latest insanities. Seriously, I'm not aware of any period of time in the last 100 yrs like this, off the charts to the right, and their madness only intensifies as time goes on. Unreal, or at least I wish....

Why are all the GOP celebrities such nuts?

Hank Williams, who previously compared President Obama to Hitler, now is telling crowds at his concerts that the President is a Muslim who hates the US. And the crowds roar with delight.

Someone does appear to hate the US, but it's not the President. (He also hates the truth, but that's typical of the fringe now running the Republican party. It's the same problem the GOP hate groups have - a dedication to lying as tactic. Though sometimes I wonder if nuts like Williams, the NRA's Ted Nugent, the FRC's Perkins, don't actually believe the filth they spread?

It's one problem for the GOP if they're simply liars. It's an entire other problem for the GOP if all of their cultural and intellectual leaders - read: Limbaugh - actually believe the garbage they spew. Because in that case, they're not just dishonest, they're fanatics. And believers - especially crazy ones - are far more dangerous (to us and the GOP) than liars any day.

At some point the Republican party needs to worry less about "taking back America" and more about taking back its own party.

http://www.americablog.com/2012/08/why- ... -nuts.html
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]

no , i am not gonna do it. her grandfather was a[…]

did you know it ? shocking information , any comme[…]