A question for social conservatives in the West - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Your unsupported disagreement is noted.

You unsupported claims are likewise noted.

Pants-of-dog wrote:People can just read this thread and see that you have not supported the claim (that genetics is a significant factor in cultural development) with evidence or logic.

People can just read this thread and see that you have refused to engage in conversation on equal terms, have refused to answer questions when asked, and have refused to support you claims with either evidence or logic.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:You unsupported claims are likewise noted.

My claim that Latin America uses western languages is supported by the fact that Spanish and Portuguese are the two main languages.

My claim that Latin America uses western religion is supported by the fact that Catholicism and Protestantism are the main religions.

Do I really need to go on?

People can just read this thread and see that you have refused to engage in conversation on equal terms, have refused to answer questions when asked, and have refused to support you claims with either evidence or logic.

I love it when people try to parrot me. They almost invariably become less rude.

Do you think genetics has a significant impact on cultural development?
Pants-of-dog wrote:My claim that Latin America uses western languages is supported by the fact that Spanish and Portuguese are the two main languages.

My claim that Latin America uses western religion is supported by the fact that Catholicism and Protestantism are the main religions.

These claims were not points of contention, and any points of contention that do exist cannot be discussed at this time until the terms of the rules of discourse are met.

Pants-of-dog wrote:I love it when people try to parrot me. They almost invariably become less rude.

I suppose birds of a feather do not flock together then? Don't flatter yourself, besides, if rudeness is your goal than truth cannot be. Which would verify the suspicions of many.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Do you think genetics has a significant impact on cultural development?

I could say your version of a sufficient answer: "since I am not interested in doing so, I will not." but I will merely say that until the terms of discourse are satisfied, no conversation can continue. I will not answer questions when my questions are left unanswered, nor will I provide evidence if my requests for such are ignored.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:These claims were not points of contention, and any points of contention that do exist cannot be discussed at this time until the terms of the rules of discourse are met.

If you just want to complain about me, go ahead.

Please note that said complaints do not weaken my argument in any way.

I suppose birds of a feather do not flock together then? Don't flatter yourself, besides, if rudeness is your goal than truth cannot be. Which would verify the suspicions of many.

Sure, whatever.

I could say your version of a sufficient answer: "since I am not interested in doing so, I will not." but I will merely say that until the terms of discourse are satisfied, no conversation can continue. I will not answer questions when my questions are left unanswered, nor will I provide evidence if my requests for such are ignored.

Feel free to point out which questions I did not answer, or which claims I did not support.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please note that said complaints do not weaken my argument in any way.

No complaints were made or referenced by the person in question; therefore the above is meaningless. The weakening or non-weakening of an argument assumes there was an argument under consideration. This can be neither confirmed nor denied as the conversation cannot be continued until the terms of discourse have been satisfied.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Feel free to point out which questions I did not answer, or which claims I did not support.

The one to which you replied: "Yes, but since I am not interested in doing so, I will not."
Right, and I pointed out that you never supported your earlier claim that lack of economic development in Latin America was a result of cultural disparity.

This is akin to arguing that the lack of economic development is not due to colonialism targeting Latin America.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Right, and I pointed out that you never supported your earlier claim that lack of economic development in Latin America was a result of cultural disparity.

This is akin to arguing that the lack of economic development is not due to colonialism targeting Latin America.

That is irrelevant, you asked which questions you did not answer or what points you did not support. I provided evidence of such.
Yes, I did not provide evidence for a claim that is both irrelevant to the central discussion and that is common knowledge for anyone who studied colonialism in the Americas.

Please note that you also refuse to provide evidence.

How does a lack of economic development suggest that the country so afflicted is not part of western civilisation?
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Well said. I also intend to post on a thread you started awhile ago about teleological justification in the New Right, which was very thought provoking.

Also....are you a man or a woman?

Thanks.

I'm a man. There was a thing years ago where large numbers of forum members would make Asian women their avatars but I'm basically the last one :eek:
Hong Wu wrote:I'm a man. There was a thing years ago where large numbers of forum members would make Asian women their avatars but I'm basically the last one

Sorry about that man. My bad.

Kudos for holding out against changing tides in avatar trends.....(sign of traditionalism in itself?)

Also: (It is Okay to Stay Away From The Thread: "Its Okay To Be White" Because That Shit Is Just Toxic Now)
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Sorry about that man. My bad.

Kudos for holding out against changing tides in avatar trends.....(sign of traditionalism in itself?)

Also: (It is Okay to Stay Away From The Thread: "Its Okay To Be White" Because That Shit Is Just Toxic Now)

No problem, my avatar is naturally confusing.

Regarding that thread, I assumed as much and stopped reading it awhile ago :hmm:

This forum was way better years ago, or even before Trump won. Apparently, at least some of the respectable leftist posters were only respectable when their side was winning. As soon as they lost a major election they just chimped out. Says a lot about them really...
Hong Wu wrote: Apparently, at least some of the respectable leftist posters were only respectable when their side was winning. As soon as they lost a major election they just chimped out. Says a lot about them really...

Hillary Clinton is a neo-con. She is on the right. The left did not loose the election in the US any more than they loose every election since the Democrats and the Republicans are both on the right.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Are you going to be okay?

Do you need a safe space?

Will you be providing crayons and puppies, like all the leftist safe spaces do? Then........ FUCK YES! :D
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Will you be providing crayons and puppies, like all the leftist safe spaces do? Then........ FUCK YES! :D

How does a lack of economic development suggest that the country so afflicted is not part of western civilisation?
Pants-of-dog wrote:How does a lack of economic development suggest that the country so afflicted is not part of western civilisation?

any points of contention that do exist cannot be discussed at this time until the terms of the rules of discourse are met.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:any points of contention that do exist cannot be discussed at this time until the terms of the rules of discourse are met.

Right, you are hiding from the discussion by setting a standard for my debate that you do not demand from yourself. This is fine.

Please note that not a single definition of western civilisation uses economic development as a criteria. From this, we can assume that you introduced this criteria for some reason.

If we were to include this as a criteria, then Greece (which can be said to be the very birthplace of western civilisation) would be intermittently defined as western or not, depending on their economic situation. Since this is preposterous, the inclusion of economic development as a criteria is equally ludicrous.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]