Ryan mulls Speaker run, past history of slamming military re - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rich wrote:I can't get my head round this. Ryan has some stupid ideas, but he's an intelligent man and a smart operator, why would he even consider for a second taking this poisoned chalice.

Somebody has to. The majority party in the House elects the Speaker, which has an important role in congressional procedure. It's highly irregular to not have one.

Toxic as the position is, the Republicans are the current majority, so at some point one of them has to step forward and get it over with.
Keeping the government "open" has never been a big deal to me. Silly qualification. After Clinton refused to sign a balanced budget multiple times we shut it down and the country was better for it. Everyone still gets paid after a government shutdown. Most are paid during a shutdown. It is a ridiculous term coined by the left and repeated erroneously.

You have accidentally lurched into the general vi[…]

No, just America. And I am not alone . Althoug[…]

All of your beliefs are cliche platitudes and u[…]

The cities and schools moving to arrest the protes[…]