I don't think of female conservatives as conservative? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I wonder what could be behind this psychological phenomenon. Is it because women are more flexible in their views or explain their position more diplomatically because of high social skills? Do politically polarized same gender discussions tend more toward argumentation?
Is it because women are more flexible in their views or explain their position more diplomatically because of high social skills?

You could be right. After all, our own Rei Murasame is living proof of this.
Potemkin wrote:You could be right. After all, our own Rei Murasame is living proof of this.

Point taken.

I guess I am thinking of some women who I think tend to lean more conservative because often they were raised around a lot of men (had a lot of brothers or what have you), but are still pretty open minded tend to like other cultures that sort of thing. Maybe more financially conservative than socially so?
Another reason is that, on average, women seek to be socially conform more often that men. As a result they are more often centrist and rarely anything else than mainstream. Which is part an act and part a self-indoctrination.

Men more often don't give a fuck. Although most still do.

Of course men are also more violent, brutal, radical, etc. It fits our natural inclinations. Faced with a problem, many men will seek a solution while many women will seek a negotiation. Our way is certainly a curse, but in many cases it is also a bless. Sometimes negotiation and compromise is simply wrong and you need to impose your will instead, through violence if needed.
I know plenty of conservative women in real life, although they aren't necessarily all that interested in politics - and certainly not interested in discussing (or arguing) their political views online.

Online, I think women are very much outnumbered by men in political discussions, although you'll find a lot more women at conservative sites, perhaps because they find safety and/or solidarity in numbers, and for that reason I suspect you'd find significantly fewer conservative women on liberal/progressive/radical websites.

(Speaking from my own anecdotal experience as a recovering female conservative.)
Many women, like men, can be fearful of change. That's not exclusive to either gender.
DrSteveBrule wrote:Many women, like men, can be fearful of change. That's not exclusive to either gender.

Yes, sometimes conservatives are fearful of changes. But sometimes those changes are objectively wrong yet liberals are too busy posing as good guys (tm) to face reality.

* Why should someone support to have a third of Muslims in Paris' youth, as we have today? Islam is a disgusting retrograde ideology, the majority of them support hard far-right positions, the Algerian culture is of low value and brings us nothing, integration is recessing and problems inflating, and there are objectively too many of them.

* Why should someone support the destruction of their nations and democracies to build an European nation? Democracy is meaningless between 28 cultures (unsatisfying consensus) so citizens will have no sovereignty, they will be ruled by leaders who do not even speak their language and culture, they will be imposed a culture-less nation as sexy as an ISO norm, the euro is an indefensible failure that fatally endangers Europe and the world, the EU may also be an economic failure, and anyway economy will be less and less important in the upcoming decades, and would already be without the free market that makes competitiveness the most important notion politicians must pursue while social peace would otherwise prevail and competitiveness would be a simple matter of purchasing power rather than mass unemployment.

Conservatives are frightened idiots, liberals are narcissistic idiots. And today the liberals are turning into conservatives (in a liberal world, the one seeking to preserve the liberal order is a conservative) and authoritarians (the assaults against freedom of speech on US campuses, increasing pressures against hate speech and sexist speech in Europe, etc).
Harmattan wrote:Yes, sometimes conservatives are fearful of changes. But sometimes those changes are objectively wrong yet liberals are too busy posing as good guys (tm) to face reality.

This is not an argument. It is simply you insulting people that you consider to be your ideological opponents.

* Why should someone support to have a third of Muslims in Paris' youth, as we have today? Islam is a disgusting retrograde ideology, the majority of them support hard far-right positions, the Algerian culture is of low value and brings us nothing, integration is recessing and problems inflating, and there are objectively too many of them.

Again, this is not an argument. Just you insulting Muslims.

If the French did not want Algerians living alongside them, then the French should have stayed out of Algeria.

* Why should someone support the destruction of their nations and democracies to build an European nation? Democracy is meaningless between 28 cultures (unsatisfying consensus) so citizens will have no sovereignty, they will be ruled by leaders who do not even speak their language and culture, they will be imposed a culture-less nation as sexy as an ISO norm, the euro is an indefensible failure that fatally endangers Europe and the world, the EU may also be an economic failure, and anyway economy will be less and less important in the upcoming decades, and would already be without the free market that makes competitiveness the most important notion politicians must pursue while social peace would otherwise prevail and competitiveness would be a simple matter of purchasing power rather than mass unemployment.

This has nothing to do with the topic. What is the thread title? Can you read it for me?

Conservatives are frightened idiots, liberals are narcissistic idiots. And today the liberals are turning into conservatives (in a liberal world, the one seeking to preserve the liberal order is a conservative) and authoritarians (the assaults against freedom of speech on US campuses, increasing pressures against hate speech and sexist speech in Europe, etc).

Let me guess: you are the only intelligent and wise person and liberals are just stupid and confused people who should do what you tell them.

----------------

On topic, many women are conservative. Like men, they have conservative views about somethings, liberal views about other things, and radical views about other things. The exact arrangement is usually due to upbringing.
I think the only intelligent and wise persons are those who do not conform to labels as broad as those which encompass a particular political ideology. Opportunists are the most intelligent among us, the very definition of competitive and successful. Political parties are for herding the sheep into the pasture. At the very top of each farm..conservative, liberal, it doesn't matter, they're all in it for themselves, as they should be if they're smart. The grassroots support and core strength of each faction is comprised of imbeciles who actually believe the bullshit. :lol:
Harmattan wrote:Yes, sometimes conservatives are fearful of changes. But sometimes those changes are objectively wrong yet liberals are too busy posing as good guys (tm) to face reality.

You're probably thinking about the modern definition of "liberal", and I'll have to admit that I was thinking about the modern definition of "conservative". Liberalism in its' zenith is nothing like the self loathing ideology of Sweden. Rather, it was closer to civil libertarianism and with an emphasis on negative rights and a radical departure from authoritarianism.

I don't know why the EU had to share a common currency or create a body with extranational powers. At most, it should have been a trade agreement that guarantees freedom of movement and standardizes tax/IP issues.

Not even @wat0n denies that the IDF and Israeli[…]

^ Wouldn't happen though, since the Israelis are n[…]

I was actually unaware :lol: Before he was […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]