The Right is Giving Up on Democracy - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One Degree wrote:So, kind of like Benjamin Franklin or JFK? :lol:

Ahh, I see. You refuse to debate and instead throw out red herrings. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

See ya.

Drlee wrote:I don't think Trump is either an egomaniac or insecure. I think he is a very smart man. Look. He played the world like a cheap drum. Masterfully. He still has us holding our collective breath.

If he were either he would have failed. He most certainly did not.

I don't see why he can't be smart and insecure or an egomaniac. They are not mutually exclusive. In fact, in academia and many fields, it's actually the smartest people who feel the least secure about their abilities. It's the complete dumbasses who thinks they are competent.
I think that the current way we define political beliefs and ideologies is too restrained and inflexible. It restrains our thinking while not reflecting the reality of the situation. There are many solutions, you just need to look for them outside of the standard thinking of "right" and "left". Currently this way of thinking is being destroyed, there are far too many exceptions and many people don't know what to call those exceptions or themselves anymore. Politics has become a word salad, you can pick two words, slap them together and call it an ideology. I think that if I could get a group of the greatest political scientists and sociologists together we could potentially create a political spectrum that realistically reflects the way politics works while being flexible. I can't see exactly how it would look like, but I can see how it could be organized.

I know this may be insensitive of me, but I don't really care for the West the only thing I care about is Iran and the Greater Middle East. While the West's, not just political system, but it's entire way of thinking of politics, dies, I'll be thinking about how the change the way we think of politics in the Middle East.

EDIT: Also I just realized I have some balls posting this on the Conservative forum
Since when have the 'right' or the 'left' for that matter been 'democratic'.

IMHO both ends of the political spectrum see 'democracy' as the means to an end(political power),NOT as something to practice, otherwise they would govern for the MAJORITY that elects them & NOT undermining 'democracy' by looking after the minority groups associated with political ideology at each end of that spectrum.

'Democracy' means NOTHING to politicians, it is merely a 'key' to power, which once gained the 'democratic' part is dropped like a hot potato.

'Democracy' is a SCAMMING tool used by politicians on a gullible electorate who are dumb enough to believe what politicians say & vote for them.
MememyselfandIJK wrote:Not to mention that half of all countries that claim to be democratic are, in reality, not

For people like you, democracy is and has always been in a relative sense, just like "perfect" or even "safety".

That's not saying that I'm not sick of politicians pursuing personal gain through pretending to be standing at the side of the people, but if the people cannot force themselves against the elites, these dickheads at least have some use.

Being, speaking and acting like a purist doesn't make you any benefits, unless you can utilize enormous power, but then few can stay out of corruption.
Patrickov wrote:For people like you, democracy is and has always been in a relative sense, just like "perfect" or even "safety".
I wrote one line. Why do you think you know me already?
MememyselfandIJK wrote:I wrote one line. Why do you think you know me already?

That sentence was how I see democracy to be if I were you, and isn't necessarily your actual opinion. To me, there are some crucial aspects of democracy that we can describe some systems as "democratic" for fulfilling most of them.
Patrickov wrote:That sentence was how I see democracy to be if I were you, and isn't necessarily your actual opinion. To me, there are some crucial aspects of democracy that we can describe some systems as "democratic" for fulfilling most of them.
Fair.

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]