Next for the GOP? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Traditional 'common sense' values and duty to the state.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Providing W doesnt lose in 2004, who do you think the GOP candidate will be in 2008. For some reason, I like McCain, I like the way he handles himself.
By Boondock Saint
McCain will NEVER get the go ahead from the GOP ...

NEVER!

You know why?

He is too honest ... he is against what the GOP wants. Sure he is a conservative but he is a *gasp* honest one ... and thats not good for the GOP. Plus he is smart, why would the GOP want a smart man to represent them?

I would have voted for McCain in 2000 if the GOP didnt like their poster boy Bush more. But instead I had to vote for the actual winner who somehow lost ... :roll:

Once again, if McCain ran I would actually for once flip a Republican switch ...
By Demosthenes
I'm not a big McCain fan at all. I don't really think he's more honest than anybody else, that awful campaign finance reform bill he pushed was hardly what I'd call honest. Its a tough call at the moment as to who might run in 08' It's pure speculation at this point.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Im not to aware of the specifics on the McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform bills, but I do believe that campaign finance needs to be overhauled. I loath the currrent system of the biggest spenders winning the majority of elections. I do like the fact that he's taking a proactive approach to the illegal immigrant situtation and the problems it poses, his strong stance on the death penalty/ stricter sentencing, his stance on gun-control, and he supports the overhaul of welfare.[/quote]

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

@Istanbuller You are operating out of extreme[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]