system32 and chkdsk - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Zerogouki 2
my Windows system has just started bitching about system32 and telling me to run chkdsk. Well, I ran chkdsk, and I'm still getting that stupid message. However, aside from the message, my computer still seems to be running just fine. What happen? I am not good with computer.
By ThirdTerm
System32 Virus, also referred to as "Sys32," is actually a Trojan. The main difference between a virus and a Trojan is that Trojans do not spread themselves. Nevertheless, a Trojan can be very dangerous. A remote hacker can use a Trojan to procure personal information from your computer, such as bank account numbers. In addition, a remote hacker can download additional Trojans onto your computer and change various computer settings.

Delete Infected Files

Click on the "Start" menu.

Click on "Search Files and Folders."

Search for and delete the following files. Delete only the files listed below. Do not delete the "System32" folder, this is a necessary part of your operating system. To delete a file, simply right-click on it and select "Delete."

"server.exe"
"system32.exe"
"system33 trojan v1.1.exe"
"system33.txt"
"worm.p2p.tanked.11"

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_6148929_remove- ... virus.html
By Rich
From Katie Boundaries signature wrote:Libertarianism is the ideology for grown ups. Statism is the ideology of the permanent child." - Taxizen
Linux is the operating system (technically its kernel but I won't complicate things at this stage) for grown ups, Windows and Macs are the operating systems for the permanent child.
ThirdTerm wrote:System32 Virus, also referred to as "Sys32," is actually a Trojan.

I find your story difficult to believe.

EDIT: after turning my Windows machine off and back on, it said that my C drive needed to be checked for consistency and asked me to run chkdsk again. So I let it. Now it's permanently stuck at correcting $I30 for file 29 or some crap. Is there any danger in just turning the computer off in the middle of running chkdsk and then starting back up without running it? Or will that screw up the drive even further?

EDIT 2: I went ahead and risked it. The second time around, pressing any key didn't skip chkdsk, but it didn't matter because the process actually completed and now everything is kosher.
By ThirdTerm

I initially suspected that your computer was infected with the System32 virus but C:\Windows\System32 is also a normal directory that stores the Windows system files. It seems that running CHKDSK has fixed some file system errors. You may be still using Windows Server 2003 and an error in index $I30 for file 5 was determined to be a bug in the old operating system, which Microsoft no longer supports.
By Saeko
No problem. Just go to your command prompt and type "format C:". Then, when that's finished, install a Linux distro.

Rich wrote:Linux is the operating system (technically its kernel but I won't complicate things at this stage) for grown ups, Windows and Macs are the operating systems for the permanent child.

Amen.
By Rich
Saeko wrote:Amen.
I'm a proud supporter of medium government. I support copyright but of more limited duration and even scope, but I don't support patent rights. Many Libertarians don't seem to support any form of intellectual property rights, probably because enforcement of intellectual property rights requires medium / big government. But many Libertarians seem to show no interest in tackling the corporations that abuse government power. No consideration that Apple the biggest Corporation in the world, along with Microsoft, followed by maybe Google and Oracle just might be a tiny part of the problem.
Saeko wrote:No problem. Just go to your command prompt and type "format C:". Then, when that's finished, install a Linux distro.

I already did that for my laptop, which is my screwing-around system. For my desktop, which is my Serious Business machine, I need Windows.

Rejn wrote:Wait. Weren't you running Mint?

Yes. On my laptop.

Rich wrote:blah blah politics blah blah

GTFO and take your political opinions to the on-topic forums

America gives disproportionate power to 20% of th[…]

Yes, it does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M[…]

World War II Day by Day

Yes, we can thank this period in Britain--and Orw[…]

This is a story about a woman who was denied adequ[…]